Cancuncare  

Go Back   Cancuncare > Cancun Forums > Cancun Info
Register FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-26-2007, 02:06 PM   #1
Cancuncare Enthusiast

Default Strip clubs?

Helo peeps,
Anyone know if there are strip clubs in Cancun?
Bubba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2007, 02:10 PM   #2
Cancuncare Addict

Usually the clubs become quasi-strip clubs after 2:00 am .. booze does that to people!

But probably not the type you're asking about ...

See our Cancun pics: http://community.webshots.com/user/vrodgers
vrodgers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2007, 02:28 PM   #3
Moderator/1st CC Member

Check out this thread:
http://www.cancuncare.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=10240

...and I don't know if it's a rumor or not, but I've read elsewhere that recently the local authorities were cracking down on or making life difficult for these businesses?
Inject your soul with liberty
Itís free, itís free
Michael F. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2007, 04:44 PM   #4
Cancuncare Addict

Inside the hotel zone are (were?) strip clubs called "The One", Paroxism" and a brothel (if that's what you're really looking for) called the "Pleasure Principle"

Downtown Cancun there is/was "Tabares" on Uxmal

40 - 45 min cab ride away from Cancun is "Plaza 21" ("veinte uno"), a strip of about 4 or 5 clubs on Lopez Portillo Ave. The BlackJack Club is one of those- http://cancun.nightguide.com/nt2adu.htm
Millenium and Climax are in that same strip.

As was mentioned, Cancun is not exactly supportive of this kind of activity being so near to the goose that's laying its golden eggs, so the farther away you go from Cancun the more things will be like you expect and the less it will cost.

Final note - if your'e planning on having one of these sexy looking creatures accompany you to your room or elsewhere, keep in mind that Mexico has 'registered sex workers' and for you to solicit someone who is not registered (once again, in or around Cancun) - no matter how sexy the dance - is for you to open the door to hefty fines and potentially the hoosegow for a night. For you as a tourist, soliciting a Mexican non-professional is a crime.

Away from Cancun is a completely different story. In this area of interest, you're better off in every respect to drive at least down to Playa Del Carmen (that's where Chilly Willy's is). Or- you can save yourself some time and money and do like vrogers suggested and stick around any of the clubs until after 2PM.
Naoautorizada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2007, 05:10 PM   #5
I can choose my own title

"One" was closed down last month, I have not heard about it reopening. They are really trying to keep all the strip clubs in Plaza 21. Not for the faint of heart, these are not your "nice" strip clubs!
Old 03-26-2007, 05:13 PM   #6
Cancuncare Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by CancunCanuck
Not for the faint of heart, these are not your "nice" strip clubs!
Believe it - the lady knows whereof she speaks.
In this respect, as much as as I like Cancun, it ain't Vegas.
Old 03-26-2007, 06:12 PM   #7
Cancuncare Regular

[/quote]In this respect, as much as as I like Cancun, it ain't Vegas.
Quote:

Nope, it ain't!
MartinnVegas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2007, 06:43 PM   #8

Just wanted to add that Tabares and Roses and Guns are gone as well, they really did shut everything down and move it to the burbs.
Old 03-26-2007, 07:01 PM   #9
Cancuncare Addict

For those that have spent any time in Boston in the past, this is pretty much what happened there. The city squeezed the entire red-light district into a 4 square block area on Washington street called (at the time) the Combat Zone. A decade (or maybe 2) later, gentrification took over, property values there skyrocketed - and sent them all packing for the burbs. A similar planned consolidation of the sex trade occurred in Cleveland Ohio near the airport and a number of other cities since the 1980s/1990s.

The bottom line is:
(said with the same intonations as the Soup Nazi would use)
"No smut for you", Bubba.
Sorry.
Old 03-26-2007, 11:18 PM   #10
Cancuncare Enthusiast

Ha!....LOL.....You guys are great! I love the last comment "no smut for you!"......lol. In reality (?) it is the mistresses that want to know......lol. At any rate, all great info. If up to me, the after 2:00 am clubing is all right by me. Just to let you know, Bubba and friends will be in cancun this friday, 30 mar. 07 at 4:00 and will be on the drunk buss tour by 8:00 with our game on........watch out!..................Thanks again for all your advice. You guys rock!
Old 03-27-2007, 11:15 AM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubba
Ha!....LOL.....You guys are great! I love the last comment "no smut for you!"......lol. In reality (?) it is the mistresses that want to know......lol. At any rate, all great info. If up to me, the after 2:00 am clubing is all right by me. Just to let you know, Bubba and friends will be in cancun this friday, 30 mar. 07 at 4:00 and will be on the drunk buss tour by 8:00 with our game on........watch out!..................Thanks again for all your advice. You guys rock!
I love that it's the women that want to go, I am a girl who has enjoyed her fair share of strip clubs, but I really would not bring your ladies to Plaza 21, far too dangerous. Go to Basic for the wet clothes contest, you'll see plenty. :P
Old 03-27-2007, 10:07 PM   #12
Owner and Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by CancunCanuck
"One" was closed down last month, I have not heard about it reopening. They are really trying to keep all the strip clubs in Plaza 21. Not for the faint of heart, these are not your "nice" strip clubs!
Wow I didnt know that. The One just seemed to keep on going when the other downtown places were being closed down. I guess the bribe payments just got too expensive in the end.
Steve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2007, 11:19 PM   #13
Cancuncare Addict

Besides the whole idea of "cleaning up Cancun", I had heard that there were some immigration raids there since most of the girls did not have work permits and were either from the South or Europe. As a result, apparently some of these girls can be found in the regular clubs trying to make a few bucks.

Since that job can be done by a Mexican, it only makes sense that immigration would get involved :shock: :!:
Old 03-28-2007, 09:41 PM   #14
Cancuncare Enthusiast

Thanks again for the info.........yea our girls love that stuff (lucky me!)...............BUBBA IN TOWN FRIDAY!!!!!!!!!!
Bubba is offline   Reply With Quote