Cancuncare  

Go Back   Cancuncare > Cancun Forums > Living in Cancun & Riviera Maya
Register FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-26-2010, 03:55 PM   #1
Cancuncare Enthusiast

Default Scotiabank on Tulum...anyone know where on Tulum?

Anyone know where the Scotiabank on Tulum is located? I'm looking for the one somewhere near the ADO terminal. Maybe next to Commercial Mexicana? Or is it on the other side of Uxmal? I'm coming in from Isla Mujeres, and I get turned around pretty easily in the Big City, so please be as specific as possible. Thanks.
TomT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2010, 06:50 PM   #2
I can choose my own title

Unless I'm remembering wrong it's just north of the Ayuntamiento on Tulum. SM5, MZ5. So it's across Tulum from and a little south of the bus station. It's in the same MZ as Immigration but around on the Tulum side.
RiverGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2010, 09:27 PM   #3
Cancuncare Enthusiast

Thanks Rivergirl, but a lot of that was like reading Latin. A few things need translation...

"it's just north of the Ayuntamiento on Tulum"...what's the Ayuntamiento?

"SM5, MZ5"...if I tell that to a taxi driver, will he know what I mean?

"It's in the same MZ as Immigration but around on the Tulum side." Ouch. That hurt my head. What does all that mean?

So...it's on Tulum...right? On which side of the traffic circle where Tulum meets Uxmal? Going towards the bus terminal or away from the bus terminal?

Thanks!
TomT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2010, 10:05 PM   #4
Owner and Administrator

Ayuntamiento is best translated as the 'City council' or 'Town Hall', Mz (Manzana) is best translated as a 'block', literal translation is 'apple' so that's not much help

It's on Tulum yeah. If you were standing at the bus station facing the traffic circle then you'd need to head to your right back up Tulum towards the hotelzone and cross the road to the other side of Tulum at the first crossing. Keep heading right, and it's not far from the Parador Hotel/Taste of India Restaurant (cant remember if it's before or after but it's close)

If you ask any taxi driver for the Scotiabank on Tulum he will find it but it might be a bit embarassing if you're only across the road at the bus station.

Anyway, don't worry TJ will be along shortly to tell you how many cracks in the pavement to count.
Steve is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2010, 12:38 PM   #5
Cancuncare Addict

TomT,

Do you need to go to the bank, or do you simply need an ATM for Scotiabank? Or, are you a Bank of America customer and need ATM for Scotiabank or Santander Serfin? If you need the actual bank, then wait for TJ to chime in with detailed instructions...but it's walking distance from the bus terminal...going away from the bus terminal when you are at the Tulum/Uxmal traffic circle.

If you only need Scotiabank or Santander Serfin ATM, you'll find them in the bus terminal and also in Commercial Mexicana grocery store.

Please note that banks are VERY crowded here so avoid them, if possible.
Susan in Cancun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2010, 12:58 PM   #6
Cancuncare Guru

Scotiabank is free withdrawals with Bank of America too????

I was told only Santander was...
Life_N_Cancun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2010, 02:04 PM   #7
Cancuncare Addict

Life N Cancun,

Yes, if you are a Bank of America customer, you can use Santander Serfin OR Scotiabank ATMs without any fees. I don't think their website actually lists Scotiabank as one of their affiliates in Mexico, but they list Scotiabank as an affiliate in Canada. I had read on other message boards where B of A customers were using Scotiabank without fees and I tried it. No fees!!! My only beef with the Scotiabank ATM I go to (not sure if all are the same) is that you can only withdraw cash in $100 peso increments. I prefer Santander because they let you have 50s and 20s. I hate being stuck with only big bills from the ATM, you see. Other than that, no complaints.
Susan in Cancun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2010, 02:47 PM   #8
Cancuncare Guru

OK, thanks Susan good to know.
Life_N_Cancun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2010, 10:22 PM   #9
I can choose my own title

T.J. here and chiming in:

If you are in a taxi from the boat just tell him Burger King en frente (in front of) Palacio Municipal. Then cross the street (Tulum) and it's on the left about 20 meters back toward Comercial Mexicana.

You can also grab the R-1 or R-13 bus and get off at the same spot in front of Burger King.

But if you are coming from the bus station, then simply walk across Uxmal from the bus station, go 1-2 blocks on Tulum and it is across the street. Pretty simple and easy to see with the big red building front.

You can cross the street there but it's not a proper crosswalk. Best to walk another 40 meters to Burger King and cross at the raised crosswalk where the pedestrians (theoretically) have the right of way.
www.friendsofcasahogar.org
T.J. is offline   Reply With Quote