Cancuncare  

Go Back   Cancuncare > Cancun Forums > Living in Cancun & Riviera Maya
Register FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-04-2013, 07:25 AM   #1
V
I can choose my own title

Default Heavy rains

The rainy season has started with a vengeance here. It's been raining hard for the last two and a half days, off and on, and the rains started several days ago, so we're pretty wet now.

It looks like it ought to lighten up, soon, but the National Hurricane Center may not agree....

Atlantic Graphical Tropical Weather Outlook
V is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2013, 04:57 PM   #2
V

NHC Active Tropical Cyclones

The rains have stopped here, but it looks like others will be catching some of what we've had....
Old 06-05-2013, 05:53 AM   #3
Cancuncare Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by V View Post
The rainy season has started with a vengeance here. It's been raining hard for the last two and a half days, off and on, and the rains started several days ago, so we're pretty wet now.

It looks like it ought to lighten up, soon, but the National Hurricane Center may not agree....

Atlantic Graphical Tropical Weather Outlook
See what happens when I leave!?!? Ten weeks and barely a drop of rain, then this..........lol.
davisod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2013, 06:30 AM   #4
V

We're having trouble getting clear of this. It's raining hard here again now.

This satellite image gives a sense of what's happened- the main storm is now out in the Gulf, but another, smaller storm has formed behind it, and directly over us!

Gulf IR Hurricane Loop - Satellite Services Division - Office of Satellite Data Processing and Distribution
Old 06-05-2013, 04:58 PM   #5
V

The main storm has gone north, but a huge territory is still under its influence to the south, and itīs raining again here, now.

Iīve never had to drive through such waters as I did getting to and from work yesterday. At one point water washed over the hood of my car as I plowed forward in low gear, hoping the car wouldnīt stall. At another point, I had to turn around and find a different route than Bonampak when I saw a wrecker ahead, pulling stalled cars out of deep water.

We had a stretch of dry for some hours today, and the waters went down, but still did not recede completely.

Now it appears the boss wants everyone to come in to work, regardless of conditions. I suppose Iīll be taking a bus....
Old 06-05-2013, 05:24 PM   #6
Cancuncare Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by V View Post
The main storm has gone north, but a huge territory is still under its influence to the south, and itīs raining again here, now.

Iīve never had to drive through such waters as I did getting to and from work yesterday. At one point water washed over the hood of my car as I plowed forward in low gear, hoping the car wouldnīt stall. At another point, I had to turn around and find a different route than Bonampak when I saw a wrecker ahead, pulling stalled cars out of deep water.
Oh My Gosh!!!
davisod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 01:25 PM   #7
Cancuncare Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riley2020 View Post
Rain is climate especially gifted by the God and It is better for use,With out it we cannot live,Rain is needed for every season,when i have stayed in the south Africa last month rain was started several nights and me and my company have enjoyed it.
I guess then drought and all the misery that it brings is also a gift from god.
tristan1749 is offline   Reply With Quote