Cancuncare  

Go Back   Cancuncare > Cancun Adults Only Hotels > Temptation Resort Cancun
Register FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Like Tree125Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-05-2013, 09:20 PM   #1
Owner and Administrator

Default Boobs cruise price increase for 2014

I mentioned earlier that we will be putting up prices for the boobs cruise in 2014, but was waiting to hear back from the boat operator on how much this would be.

For 2014 the new price will be $85. Deposits will be $35 with $50 payable on the day as a balance. The new price will be effective from 1st Jan.

Reasons for the price increase include:

- a 5% hike in sales tax across the whole State. Quintana Roo used to enjoy a tax break as a 'Border State'. The newly elected party in power have removed this status and you should expect almost everything in Cancun to go up by at least 5%.

- Since we rarely do the downtown shopping stop any more we are spending more money on gas, and more alcohol is consumed.

- An increase in the "Sea Life Preservation and Dock Fee" which all aquatic tours charge.

- Our Ents staff and DJ had a pay rise earlier in the year which wasn't previously accounted for.

While I'm always a bit uncomfortable when I have to raise the price I still feel the Boobs cruise at $85 offers excellent value for money.

Albatros (the boat operator) currently offer their Platinum Tour for $97 plus dock fee extra. That will rise to around $110 plus dock fee - in total about $35pp higher than our new price.
Luxury Sailing Tours Cancun | Sailing Tours Cancun

The Platinum tour is basically about the standard of boat, they are the same boats we use and we offer even more than the Platinum tour. We have a DJ, upgraded sound system plus Chinos, Omar and Dario. In addition, the best boat crew hand picked for their customer service skills and of course the very best clients to cruise alongside.
Steve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2013, 09:30 PM   #2
Cancuncare Enthusiast

Paying more sucks. But not as much as missing a boobs cruise. Hope you have one during our stay! would love to go again.
Steve, gottaski and TomAndTabi like this.
r&a 1964 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2013, 10:30 PM   #3
2v
Cancuncare Regular

Still reasonable steve.
Steve, TomAndTabi, gntrac and 1 others like this.
2v is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2013, 02:20 AM   #4
Cancuncare Regular

You done well to hold prices so long Steve, the prices have been static for so long and we all know everything has went up in price, but still great value for money... Most fun you can have with clothes on.... Sometimes they do stay on, not often.
help, booked again Nov 23rd to Dec 7th.. is there a Temptation anonymous ..
Will n Roz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2013, 05:04 AM   #5
Cancuncare Newbie

Is the price pp or total?
easygoin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2013, 05:16 AM   #6
I can choose my own title

It's $85 per person!
icecube88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2013, 05:33 AM   #7

Still worth every penny!
Steve, TomAndTabi, Trish and 3 others like this.
dikfore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2013, 06:25 AM   #8
Cancuncare Regular

Sounds fair to me! Can't expect prices to never change and it isn't such a huge increase.

A bargain at any price I say
ARealGoodTan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2013, 06:25 AM   #9
Cancuncare Regular

Default Great value

It is always a difficult decision to raise prices for a business man who thinks through his heart. Steve always strives to provide the best in service on a first class boat. The entertainment staff constantly works for the enjoyment of all their passengers. Incredible value!
Steve, natmur, Denise B and 1 others like this.
dnagroupride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2013, 06:37 AM   #10
Life begins at 40!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve View Post
I mentioned earlier that we will be putting up prices for the boobs cruise in 2014, but was waiting to hear back from the boat operator on how much this would be.

For 2014 the new price will be $85. Deposits will be $35 with $50 payable on the day as a balance. The new price will be effective from 1st Jan.

Reasons for the price increase include:

- a 5% hike in sales tax across the whole State. Quintana Roo used to enjoy a tax break as a 'Border State'. The newly elected party in power have removed this status and you should expect almost everything in Cancun to go up by at least 5%.

- Since we rarely do the downtown shopping stop any more we are spending more money on gas, and more alcohol is consumed.

- An increase in the "Sea Life Preservation and Dock Fee" which all aquatic tours charge.

- Our Ents staff and DJ had a pay rise earlier in the year which wasn't previously accounted for.

While I'm always a bit uncomfortable when I have to raise the price I still feel the Boobs cruise at $85 offers excellent value for money.

Albatros (the boat operator) currently offer their Platinum Tour for $97 plus dock fee extra. That will rise to around $110 plus dock fee - in total about $35pp higher than our new price.
Luxury Sailing Tours Cancun | Sailing Tours Cancun

The Platinum tour is basically about the standard of boat, they are the same boats we use and we offer even more than the Platinum tour. We have a DJ, upgraded sound system plus Chinos, Omar and Dario. In addition, the best boat crew hand picked for their customer service skills and of course the very best clients to cruise alongside.
You don't have to defend any price bumps to me. Having the pest boat crew with the best attitude would do it for me. Add in the DJ with great tunes, and you could charge way more in my opinion.

You can't drink all day if you don't start in the morning!
Bart/Annette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2013, 07:00 AM   #11
Cancuncare Guru

Still the best bang for the buck anywhere in Cancun. You're not losing our business!
TomAndTabi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2013, 07:04 AM   #12
Cancuncare Addict

Still reasonable and we appreciate the transparency of the reasons why
Mike_and_Linda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2013, 07:09 AM   #13
Cancuncare Enthusiast

Still a great price for your boobs to dollar ratio, money well spent IMO!!
jessmike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2013, 08:07 AM   #14
Cancuncare Addict

Steve, given the high demand for your cruises during peak season, I would have expected a larger increase in price, if only to properly balance demand with limited supply of spots on the boat.

That you provided an explanation of the price increase due to factors out of your control speaks to your always-awesome customer service and business acumen. The wife and I are on pins and needles until we have a paypal receipt for our deposit. The week 8 sellout scares the crap out of me!
gottaski, TomAndTabi, dnlb and 3 others like this.
Week 8, 2015 (booked!)

CaptMorgan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2013, 08:21 AM   #15
Cancuncare Guru

We have done almost every tour available over the 15+ years we have been going to Cancun and the Boobs Cruise is definitely the best bang for the buck!

With that said, we will see you again on the 27th.
TomAndTabi, db11b, soop and 2 others like this.

Last edited by Chris&Tammy; 12-06-2013 at 08:22 AM. Reason: spelling
Chris&Tammy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2013, 08:39 AM   #16
Cancuncare Enthusiast

Hey Steve

Is it possible to pay more...say $100 and get you to offer a premium alcohol? (by premium...I mean a specific brand or family of brands...your drinks are not the cheap shit but there are a few other things I would add if I could)

I love the cruise...everything is great but it would be fantastic to enjoy my beverage of choice for the afternoon...and for that privilege I would love to pay.

If its a pain...what you offer is perfectly acceptable...but like everything in life this might just be an opportunity to make a few bucks more by offering something that is feasible.

(I will leave to you to ponder the logistics but there are a limited number of types of booze folks could request...Hell I would bring my own bottle and have you serve it since I am a Canadian Rye drinker...and I would still pay for it. You know what is possible since this is not your first rodeo and I leave it to you to ponder and comment)

If this request came from you it might sound to some like you are fishing for more cash by even suggesting something like this... so I am asking the question since I, like others prefer a certain brand/quality of booze (not really a rum punch or tequila fan). ...What could be better than a great drink on a perfect outing flying the tops and basically mooning the rest of the world?

If it is feasible...perhaps a poll of those that go on the cruise to garner interest?...and I am perfectly willing to have my name put up as the cause of the question in the first place

Sam
Old 12-06-2013, 09:06 AM   #17
Cancuncare Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam and Heather View Post
Hey Steve

Is it possible to pay more...say $100 and get you to offer a premium alcohol? (by premium...I mean a specific brand or family of brands...your drinks are not the cheap shit but there are a few other things I would add if I could)

I love the cruise...everything is great but it would be fantastic to enjoy my beverage of choice for the afternoon...and for that privilege I would love to pay.

If its a pain...what you offer is perfectly acceptable...but like everything in life this might just be an opportunity to make a few bucks more by offering something that is feasible.

(I will leave to you to ponder the logistics but there are a limited number of types of booze folks could request...Hell I would bring my own bottle and have you serve it since I am a Canadian Rye drinker...and I would still pay for it. You know what is possible since this is not your first rodeo and I leave it to you to ponder and comment)

If this request came from you it might sound to some like you are fishing for more cash by even suggesting something like this... so I am asking the question since I, like others prefer a certain brand/quality of booze (not really a rum punch or tequila fan). ...What could be better than a great drink on a perfect outing flying the tops and basically mooning the rest of the world?

If it is feasible...perhaps a poll of those that go on the cruise to garner interest?...and I am perfectly willing to have my name put up as the cause of the question in the first place

Sam
I think the Boobs Cruise is more of "Drink Mother F**ker, Drink, Drink Drink!" sort of event. Followed by a day of making bad decisions. Just grab a cup of the pink or orange stuff and put it in your body. Not really a tasting event for the fine connoisseurs of premium liquors. I'm not a fan of anything that increases the difficulty for the booze slingers. Just slows them down and needlessly complicates their job.
Dave & Audrey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2013, 09:06 AM   #18
Titties n Beer

Ah I will still love you. Maybe you can buy me a drink on the cruise lol. It's the huge increase of the hotel that might keep us away.
Steve and dikfore like this.

Last edited by glenn/monique; 12-06-2013 at 05:29 PM.
glenn/monique is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2013, 09:32 AM   #19
Owner and Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam and Heather View Post
Hey Steve

Sam
We've thought about this before and I don't think it would really work.

Plenty of people are happy with the current drinks, many people drink only beer and some people dont drink very much at all - not too many of those It wouldn't be fair to charge everyone say $15pp more from which only a few would gain a benefit. We'd have to buy the alcohol separately so shopping trips, deliveries, inventory checking etc. would be involved.

Inevitably, even if we had 6 or 7 different types of Premium alcohol there would be something someone wanted that we didn't have. It would also slow the drinks service as we'd almost have to take individual orders and then pour to order rather than have the guys carry trays of the standard drinks around for people to take as they please.

If anyone really wants Premium alcohol I'd suggest to bring your own bottle. For the $15pp price rise suggestion that would likely cover the cost of a bottle and the bartender can keep it for you and serve it only for you.
Steve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2013, 10:06 AM   #20
The Unicorn Hunters

Still worth every penny
Steve, TomAndTabi, MelnReg and 1 others like this.
Lenni & Jodie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2013, 10:24 AM   #21
Cancuncare Regular

great ! thanks Steve
see you early Feb.
I would push for Tuesday Feb 4th !
Steve likes this.
dewder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2013, 05:50 PM   #22
Cancuncare Enthusiast

This will be our 7th boob cruise and worth every penny. Thanks Steve see ya in the mid feb boob cruise
bushrabbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2013, 06:33 PM   #23

Worth every penny Steve. Speaks volumes for you to explain the increase though.
Steve and TomAndTabi like this.
MelnReg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2013, 07:13 PM   #24
Cancuncare Regular

I think this price is totally outrageous. I think the week 8 crew should protest by being loud, obnoxious, and drink all the alcohol they have on the boat. That will show them!!!!
Old 12-09-2013, 09:46 PM   #25
Cancuncare Enthusiast

damn taxes. It's bammy's fault. lol
Steve likes this.
Tim&Kendra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2013, 10:44 AM   #26
Cancuncare Regular

Appreciate the explanation...much more than most give. Still a GREAT value! See 'ya in March...
Steve and scottnpam like this.
CH & HH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2013, 05:59 PM   #27
Cancuncare Addict

Everyone elses costs are going up, as are steves. No reason at all for him to not raise the price. As well, he didnt have to explain it, just say "costs are up ".

And lets be honest, if it was a 125.00 pp, we'd all still fill the boat, because truthfully, its the best damn party your going to be at all year!!!!!

Tis the reason we went back to cancun this year, and will be the reason w e go back next year.

carry on with the drunken shenanigans. We love them.
Steve likes this.
scottnpam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2013, 10:41 AM   #28

Just to clarify its 85 per person, not per couple.
LionsNzebras is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2013, 03:25 PM   #29
Cancuncare Enthusiast

Screw this-from now on I'm only going when I'm already in Cancun!
jimbo64 likes this.
JEFFBEC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2013, 07:56 PM   #30
Cancuncare Enthusiast

I experienced my first cruise on Dec 1 13 and the price hike will not have me not recommending or attending again. I was mellow, met some incredibly nice people and enjoyed myself immensely and came home with a boobs cancun care cover upů..love it!

I must say it is exactly as described and much fun, one has to experience what one wants, which is an atmosphere I love.

Cheers to Steve and Janet for an excellent experience well worth the $ spent.
Steve likes this.
Mexicotraveler is offline   Reply With Quote