Cancuncare  

Go Back   Cancuncare > Cancun Adults Only Hotels > Temptation Resort Cancun
Register FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Like Tree1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-10-2008, 12:25 PM   #1
Cancuncare Enthusiast

Default For the ladies ... first time topless/nervous?

My husband just surprised me yesterday afternoon with news that he booked a trip to Temptations - we're going in Mid-August. I knew nothing about this resort until last night when he "bounced" me with this.

He "pitched" it to me with "it'll be so much fun - we won't have the kids there, there aren't other kids there, it's just adults, I hear it is like a non-stop party, etc." I spent a bunch of time looking around the web and Trip Advisor last night researching it, and well, it does sound fun. This morning, I stumbled over this web site. Seems to be the place to talk about things.

I'm not a prude, we like to drink and laugh, etc. so I think I'll enjoy this resort.

Then, when we were going to bed, he hit me with the kicker - "You could go topless, honey ...". Umm ... WHAT? :!: While I read about that online, I guess I didn't think it applied to me.

So, if this sounds dumb, then just tell me and I'll be quiet, but can I hear from some of the ladies who went topless for the first time - whether at this resort or somewhere else, just what it's like? When he said that, there was this simultaneous rush of thoughts that hit me ... and in a rush of positives and negatives, here's what surfaced:

... Hmm, that sounds sexy, he'll certainly love it, and I love that! :P
... Holy crap my boobs will burn off! :shock:
... When in Rome ... or Mexico, why not?
... My boobs have never seen the sun, why start now?
... People will notice how hard I work on this body
... People will stare
... I'll be embarassed

etc.

I'm guessing, it's all irrational, right? I'm in my mid-30's, I've had two kids, I was larger than average ("c"), before kids, now I'm a "b" , I work out so I'm pretty happy with my body, and I think my boobs look decent, etc. etc.

Obviously by the pictures I've seen online and stuff, I'm guessing no one will stop, point and say, look at those! But, like, what's the etiquette?

Help me with this please, girls. I want to do this - for me, for my hubby, etc. but I've gotta think it through.

Naomi Needs the Sun ....
NeedTheSunNow! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2008, 03:43 PM   #2
Cancuncare Addict

I was a little aprehensive at first too, but it seemed like no one even noticed. The first time I took my top off was on the last day of our first trip in Feb 2005. May of this year was our 9th trip and I woke up in the morning and didn't even bother with the top cause I know I will end up toplesss anyhow. Size at Temptations is not an issue. I consider myself a member of the IBTC, :lol: but was comfortable nevertheless.

tboyte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2008, 04:54 PM   #3
I can choose my own title

Naomi...I'm not one of the ladies but i just wanted to say that you fit in just fine...Have fun and enjoy yourself....
icecube88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2008, 06:23 PM   #4
NormsKid

Naomi,

The first time that I went topless was at the resort. I had been going for years and always kept my top on and never really gave it much thought. Then as I got older and bolder I started flirting around with the idea in my head.

I couldn't think of a REAL reason not to try going topless since I was never all that hung up about "looks" anyway. I knew that there were guys out there who didn't care if you were a 8 or a 4 when it came to exposed boobs....

So....one trip I was there with one of my best friends, Gerald, and I sort of mentioned it to him that I was thinking about going topless. I was expecting him to be supportive cause he's truly one of the nicest guys that I've ever had the pleasure of meeting/knowing.

Well....let me tell ya. I was not at ALL expecting what happened!

His eyes lit up like a Christmas tree and he said something like "now THAT'S what I'm talkin about! If ya got it, flaunt it baby!!!

That was all that I needed to hear! I didn't care what ANYBODY else thought at that point....I knew that there would be at least one person who would be glad that I was topless.

When we got to the pool I wasted NO time in droppin the top. It was the BEST feeling in the world! Dunno what the heck took me sooooo long to "just do it!"

Now when I go places, if I can go topless without getting arrested, I do. In the states, it's mostly at private parties on private property.

As they say once you do it, there's nothin to it!!

Michelle
Old 06-10-2008, 06:28 PM   #5
Cancuncare Addict

....but you can post some sample pics on here and let us decide. Marsh
TexasCouple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2008, 06:28 PM   #6
Cancuncare Addict

The first time I went topless--I was completely overwhelmed and embarrassed because I'm a size D and they tend to head South--not just for the winter but all year long! After a while and being around the people I chose to hang around--it was NO big deal. I did have one man a few years ago mention something about the drooping, but then I mentioned his pecker drooping as well and he shut up fast. :lol:

Anyhow---now, I love being myself and "free" whether you want to look or not is your business but seriously--after a few hours, nobody will know the difference. Also, keep in mind...you DON'T have to go topless if you don't want to, but it is fun knowing you have that option if you so desire.

Have a great trip. We've been here 8 times and have loved each and every one of them.

Teresa
Old 06-10-2008, 07:24 PM   #7
Cancuncare Enthusiast

I went to Temptation for the first time this past May and i was very stressed about going topless. My thought was if the majority of woman are topless than I will go topless and if not than I will keep my top on. I am 40 years old, had a kid and my chest is a size D - so similar situation.

The first day we got there we went out to the pool and 2 hours and a couple drinks later my top was off.

I felt that comfortable.

I had it off the rest of our trip at the pool and enjoyed myself totally.

Relax and enjoy your vacation.

No one Knows you and No one gives a shit!!! That is the saying at Temptation.

Enjoy your freedom.

Kat

Kat & Greg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2008, 07:50 PM   #8
Cancuncare Addict

My first time was in South Beach - and I guess if I could get up the courage to do it there, I could do it anywhere. I've never felt whiter or fatter than at South Beach - that was about 7 years ago.

The first time there, it was our second day, and I know my husband wanted me to try it, so when we went for a walk, I screwed up my courage, sat up, undid my top, and laid back down. My heart was beating 12 miles a minute. Then a wonderful thing happened - NOT A DAMN THING! 20 nuns with rulers didn't come whack my knuckles. 20 people didn't all stand around go tsk tsk ... nothing!

Of course, my husband did react. :P Suffice to say, he liked it!

Since then, my husband and I have gone to South Beach at least four times, to Mexico three (including one stay at the then BBG last summer), and other places like the Dominican Republic and Jamaica. Now a requirement of the tropical location for me is "topless beach".

I love not having tanlines, having the freedom, feeling like a nature girl, and of course the attention of my husband.

And I'm just an average 40-something mom too ...

Go for it - it's really no big deal. My motto: it's just boobs. We all got 'em. Ours (speaking for the ladies now) just happen to look nicer than those on our hubbies ...
RobnStew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2008, 08:01 PM   #9
Cancuncare Enthusiast

Thanks everyone, I'm glad to hear that it's the no big deal I guess I want it to be, and like everything else that's outside your comfort zone of day to day life, there is a little bit of "get over it and take the plunge" involved in it, right?

Ok, no one's addressing the "burn 'em off" issue here for me though - I suppose it's a matter of frequent and strong sunscreen application. Thankfully, I'm pretty dark skinned and tan easily (scandinavian decent), but I gotta think that since the last time that section of the bod was out in the sunshine was when I was two in the back yard pool, well ... won't they burn easily? Also, ok this sounds odd but ... ahh hell ... what about my nipples - will they sunburn too?

Ok, I said that ... one step closer.

Keep workin' with me girls.

Oh for the wiseguy that said "post some pics and we'll decide" ... well just show up and take a look yourself! HA!

boy, i'm fully 'tude now!
Old 06-10-2008, 08:42 PM   #10

You go Girl!!!...I think your hubby would enjoy helping you with your Sun Burn Nipple situation...LMAO!! And Naomi..i don't think Marsh was asking you to post the pics.I think he meant that for Michelle...LOL.. But you have a great "tude....Have fun sweetie....
HDM likes this.
Old 06-10-2008, 09:08 PM   #11
Cancuncare Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeedTheSunNow!
Ok, no one's addressing the "burn 'em off" issue here for me though - I suppose it's a matter of frequent and strong sunscreen application. Thankfully, I'm pretty dark skinned and tan easily (scandinavian decent), but I gotta think that since the last time that section of the bod was out in the sunshine was when I was two in the back yard pool, well ... won't they burn easily? Also, ok this sounds odd but ... ahh hell ... what about my nipples - will they sunburn too?
I always fake bake before we go and use plenty of sunscreen while we are in Mx. If you burn em your nipples will burn too and even though it has not happened to me it sounds awful painful!! Even with sunscreen you will tan so do not skimp on it while you are there. I go from SPF 30 the first couple of days progressively down to SPF 8, but make sure to apply it first thing in the morning and a couple of times during the day....no way I want to spend my vacation miserable from a burn.
Old 06-10-2008, 09:13 PM   #12
Mayor of Temptation

Nah... Marsh was looking for Naomi.. :wink: But it's OK Naomi, he's not much of a pervert.

Honestly, about half the women there wear their tops and half don't.

Since they raised the age from 18 to 21 you don't hear a chant of "Take it Off! Take it Off!" around the pool anymore. :roll:

But lots of women slip the top off without any fanfare and everyone sort of takes it in stride. We guys promise not to stare too much and control the drool if we can.

Know that we husbands appreciate it and know that it has to be an individual decision in order for the lady to be comfortable. So relax and if it happens, it happens.

As for the burn issue, I'm sure that you will have more than enough volunteers available to check on you and re-apply the sun screen if they detect any rapid coloring. :wink:

Jamie

Jamie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2008, 09:16 PM   #13

:bigwave: LMAO!! Just play Naomi... :lol:
Old 06-10-2008, 10:54 PM   #14
Cancuncare Guru

Our first trip together I was so afraid and I kept asking Ron if I should or if I shouldn't and he finally said, "leave it on or take it off, I don't give a crap, but quit talking about it!" Someone else (a woman we met there) took it off so we could take topless pictures...I haven't put it back on yet. Now I just walk up to the pool and untie my top like I own the joint!

As far as burning goes, like Catrina I go to the tanning salon and tan really well before I go. We use spray on SPF 15 once in the morning and I'm good for the day since the pool bar is covered...lmao.

Have a blast and don't forget to bring a hat since the top of your head is likely to get more burnt then your breast.

Talina :lol:

RonaldNTalina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2008, 01:43 AM   #15
Cancuncare Guru

To be honest my first time topless was for a game. I also didnt think it applied to me when I read it was top optional. I have always had body image issues and I didnt see myself taking off my top. Top that with a pretty conservative boyfriend he feels they are "his" and noone else needs to see them. Yeah I didnt imagine getting topless. So the first day at the pool last year I tried to volunteer my bf for the wacky dart game and they told me I "had to" play too. So bf's first miss of the board he ends up loosing his trunks in the pool and while he was changing into his sexy thong they gave him to wear I lost also and was told to loose the top. Next thing you know...he is out of the pool checking with eyes all wide... :shock: ! Of course not as wide as mine when I saw how poorly this thong fit! :lol: Still on that trip I only ever took my top off again to flash him for a photo or two.

Flash forward to this year. My BFF and her man are attending half of the trip with us. So I ask my sweetie what he will do if my bff gets topless. He told me he didnt care but wanted to know if I planned on getting topless in front of her man. He has a slight jealous streak and made it pretty clear he wasnt really comfortable with me being topless for sure on the days there were there. My bff is usually more shy and I never thought she would go topless even when talking about it with her. I didnt plan on it. Really esp in front of her bf. :shock: Well he must have encouraged her because on the second day there she was in the jacuzzi topless and encouraging me to be too. Eventually he and I agreeed as long as he was next to me he would feel comfortable. I am more outgoing than he is so I try to tame myself to make him feel comfortable, I dont want to ruin our relationship over silly things like this really. So it began.... :P I went topless several times this trip. I think he is actually comfortable with it and hell lost 30 pounds since last Sept so I couldnt be prouder of the way I look at this point.

Am I the only one that has a man who isnt (maybe wasnt at this point) completely comfortable with it? I obviously CAN make my own choice but he certainly has prefrences on this type of thing and I do consider them.

I think as soon as you see your first lady as old or older than your Mom topless you will feel more comfy. Woman of all shapes, sizes, ages and whatnot all go topless there. Plenty dont. Seems like your hubby is testing the waters on how you feel about it to let you know he would like it. I say go for it.

As for burning...I too get a good fake and bake base tan before I go as NOONE wants to see me out there in a suit if I dont! I also burn so easy that if I didnt even the best sunscreen wouldnt stop a burn down there. I tan in the buff so there are no tan lines.

One good part (for me) about being more comfy topless. I have larger boobs (38D) and wear average size pants (8 or 10 usually) so I have a VERY hard time finding bottoms and tops that match as regular sized XLs are usually way too small and I fit a medium bottom. I have to search high and low for months to find something I am happy with. I have big issues that they fit "properly" not just cover my nipple. I cant stand the overage hanging out. Well now I can find a few really cute bottoms that I like and have no intention of wearing the top anyway so it can be left at the store! When trying on suits I am usually heard walking out the fitting room grumbeling "I hate boobs damnit" Now I dont have to do that! :P
Find me on fb: Angi Mihalow
Angibaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2008, 02:44 AM   #16
Cancuncare Regular

Hey - I'm prob replying very late to this post but here goes.

The 1st time we went to TTR(BBG) I was heavy and I only went topless once but just felt far too self consious. However NO ONE ELSE had an issue with my body or boobs - just me!!

Last year I dropeed 42 pounds before I went because I wanted to feel beter about myself in general - and it still took me a few days to take my top off and as others have said theres no HUGE fanfare with an announcement over the tannoy that says '' she took her top off everyone!!!' again - no-one even batted an eye lid!!

This year - I will not even hesitate on taking my top off - now Ive lost the weight my boobs arent the perkiest that they could be - but theyre mine (and my hubby's) so who bloody cares what anyones else thinks eh??I work too hard all year for my vacation so I'm not letting my silly insecurities get in my way!!!!

As someone else has already said - theyre just boobies - all us girls have them. NO ONE cares at TTR so just take the top off and have a good time. Oh and yeah - use PLENTY of sun screen!!! :lol:

Max
xxxxx

url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]

[/url]
Max32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2008, 05:54 AM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamie
Nah... Marsh was looking for Naomi.. :wink: But it's OK Naomi, he's not much of a pervert.
Jamie - I think Marsh was fishing with a big net. He was just seeing how many pics he could collect.

NeedTheSun - If you do it on the first day, nobody will really notice - you'll just blend in with the half of women that do. And if you don't, nobody will really notice either, as you'll just blend in with the half that don't. If you wait until the last couple of days, you risk head light syndrome and everyone will probably point and laugh... Just kidding, welcome to CancunCare

Marsh - Sent you a PM. Couldn't let your net go empty

"I have boobs and tiny bikinis. There's got to be some mutually satisfying agreement that we can all come to" -SunLover79

"DEAL BABY!!! Then Next Year it'll be LOTS Better!!! " -Dori

Not a 100% sure it's me but sure looks like my boobs.

Dammit Kristen, now you're spilling on EVERYONE!

Might as well just get each others lip prints on the corresponding 'bums' -Lambert13
Waste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2008, 07:48 AM   #18
Cancuncare Addict

Naomi, the trick is sunscreen early and sunscreen often. Since you haven't been in the sun before (in that way anyway) getting some exposure prior to the trip is probably a good idea - either at a tanning salon or if you dare, some natural sun time.

Before our annual trip to somewhere sunny, I usually get in about 4 hours of lay out time in our back yard. We've got a relatively secluded back yard, and I just pick some sunny time when everyone is out (or at least the kids) and the neighbors aren't likely to pop in, go out on our deck. To ensure privacy, I put a couple of beach towels over the railings, then toss down an exercise mat, off comes the shirt and on comes the tan. I'm dark skinned as well (olive skin tone), so I tan easily.

That said, you can burn the hell out of "your girls" if your not careful. I did my first year in South Beach - I had used SPF 30 for most of the days, then day 4, came down to SPF 15, that seemed fine, and the next day "went for it" with SPF 8. Bad idea. They turned bright red, and yes, you are wise to be concerned about sunburning your nipples - because they will HURT bad - you're aware every time your boobs move in your bra.

I've become so comfortable with this that last year, I didn't even bring tops to the pool when we were at the BBG/Temptations. Just wore my coverup down to the pool and in to the restaurant for lunch. One day, didn't even do that - just draped my towel over my neck and down the front, and off I went. Made my husband bring me lunch by the pool. Although, I do have to say walking through the lobby like that on the way to the pool did bring a few double takes. Oh well.

Someone else brought up the subject of looking, complimenting, gawking, etc. Every other place we went, there wasn't any comments at all, but, it seemed like people did look a fair amount. Hell, every man will look. It's what they do. But the thing that I didn't expect at the BBG was that the women will compliment you on your boobs! That I didn't expect. Too funny.

Anyway, it really is not a big deal whatsoever. And, if you don't do it, that's fine too. The best thing about that resort is "whatever" is the word - if you do, great, if you don't, great. If your girls look at the stars, fine, or stare at the ground, fine. Big, little, bouncy, perky, silicone, saggy, you'll see it all and that's fine. RELAX! I think you might be overthinking this just a bit. Don't take that as a negative comment, just a note that it's really not a big thing whether you do or don't, and if you do, it's still not a big thing.
Old 06-11-2008, 08:04 AM   #19
Cancuncare Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angibaby

Flash forward to this year. My BFF and her man are attending half of the trip with us. So I ask my sweetie what he will do if my bff gets topless. He told me he didnt care but wanted to know if I planned on getting topless in front of her man. He has a slight jealous streak and made it pretty clear he wasnt really comfortable with me being topless for sure on the days there were there. My bff is usually more shy and I never thought she would go topless even when talking about it with her. I didnt plan on it. Really esp in front of her bf. :shock: Well he must have encouraged her because on the second day there she was in the jacuzzi topless and encouraging me to be too. Eventually he and I agreeed as long as he was next to me he would feel comfortable. I am more outgoing than he is so I try to tame myself to make him feel comfortable, I dont want to ruin our relationship over silly things like this really. So it began.... :P I went topless several times this trip. I think he is actually comfortable with it and hell lost 30 pounds since last Sept so I couldnt be prouder of the way I look at this point.

Am I the only one that has a man who isnt (maybe wasnt at this point) completely comfortable with it? I obviously CAN make my own choice but he certainly has prefrences on this type of thing and I do consider them.

:P
It is interesting you say this - we're looking at having another couple from around here join us this year - we're looking at a September trip this time. And for the first time, I've actually got a bit of hesitation - we are around these folks all the time, and conceptually, I think I'm OK with being topless around them, but I still hesitate. I think my husband feels the same way. The issue is that at the resort, even though you make friends and all, and you actually see these people again (trust me, that will happen!), the context in which you met them makes it all fine. So we'll see. The wife of the couple is definitely OK with the topless thing (she's asked me if I go topless because she wants to), and her husband seems to be, so it will be fine I guess.

At the resort when it is just us, my husband couldn't be more opposite of yours. If he could put up a big pennant pointed at my boobs that says "Check these puppies out!!"when I hit the pool, he would! :P
Old 06-11-2008, 09:17 AM   #20

On behalf of Nat I'd like to add her 2 pesos.

The first year we went there she was somewhat hesitant like most women have mentioned here. No matter how beautiful we men think you women are there is usually some kind of apprehension.

Anyway, someone told us about a game that we played as a couple. Called his day her day. On his day she does what I ask (within some boundries *L*) and on her day I do what she asks. We talked about this and thought it would be fun and set the days.

On my day the first thing that I asked of Nat was to go topless and once she did there was no going back for her. She loves it and this past year when we went back I don't remember her top being on more than a few minutes each day.. *L*

Also that night I had her enter the Mrs Hot Legs contest (which she went on to win).

Anyway... on the "burn 'em off" issue I think everyone else got it right... try to get some tanning in before you go... and when you're there protect the girls.. ... your hubby will gladly apply sunscreen all day long.. *L*

FREE THE PUPPIES!

Want to help kids in and around Cancun? Check out:
www.giveatoygetasmile.org
4biddenpleasrs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2008, 09:31 AM   #21
Cancuncare Addict

We have visited Temptations twice the first time we went I was pretty nervous about going topless, but kept thinking "I don't want to get home and be sorry that I didn't at least try it." We went with another couple and she and I discussed it a few times, she seemed more worried about it than I was, which was totally ridiculous, cause she is in WAY better shape than I am!
Anyways, on our first full day there, I was sunbathing face down and untied my top, pretty soon I just got in the water and felt a little self concious at first, but got over it. Within a half hour my friend joined me and we were both topless for most of the trip after that.
This past April, the 4 of us went again, and took another couple with us as well. She was not sure she'd go topless, but I believe on Steve's booze cruise, someone untied her top, and she went without, after that she was comfortable at the pool going topless too. She was not sure about it before we left, and when we talked about it, I would tell her, "it's really no big deal, whether you do or don't" I knew from my own experience that until you see for yourself that it really IS no big deal, it's hard to understand that just from someone else's description.
I always get a sunbed tan on my whole naked body before we go and then use sunscreen in Mexico. You will definately need it in August!
I am like others who have stated, it's nice not to have any tan lines, and wherever we vacation now, it has to be topless. Except, of course when we take our teenage boys with us. I wouldn't want to gross them out, or scar them for life or anything!

Bethy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2008, 09:33 AM   #22
Cancuncare Enthusiast

I too was a bit apprehensive going into it the first time. My hubby really wanted me to, but was completely convinced I was too much of a prude to actually do it (people I know on this board will be laughing at this point). Anyway, a couple of hours at the Sexy pool on the first day, hubby goes to the bar for a drink. I'm sitting next to some guys from Canada, just chatting. I say, "I think I should get my top off, suprise the sh*t out of him". The guys say "go for it, nobody really cares and it will make him happy, start the vacation off right". The look on hubby face was priceless as he carried those drinks back to me!!! That was two trips ago. Could not pay me enough to actually wear one again, feels way to good to be free!!! Like others have said, go tanning prior and use sunscreen, you'll be fine. I think the bigger issue here is, better figure out now how you can get back as often as possible, IT'S HIGHLY ADDICTING!!!!!! You will have a blast regardless, do what you feel comfortable with. We will be heading down in December for third time. Welcome to the board.
Kathy
k4110 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2008, 09:34 AM   #23
Cancuncare Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobnStew
I've become so comfortable with this that last year, I didn't even bring tops to the pool when we were at the BBG/Temptations. Just wore my coverup down to the pool and in to the restaurant for lunch. One day, didn't even do that - just draped my towel over my neck and down the front, and off I went. Made my husband bring me lunch by the pool. Although, I do have to say walking through the lobby like that on the way to the pool did bring a few double takes. Oh well..
Wow - I guess you have become comfortable with it!

On the pre-tanning thing, that makes sense - guess I just didn't think of it. I have big concerns over the safety of tanning beds though, so gotta figure out the "natural" thing that RobnStew suggested. Our back yard actually has one super-secluded spot - on top of the cover of the hot tub. Never thought about being in there in the daytime because the sun is so damn intense here - guess I'll surprise my hubby with getting a tan "there". That'll obviously clue him in on the intent for the resort of course. We have a gazebo-like structure around it, but roofless, as we're in Arizona, as we like to see the stars (we're in the Tucson area). Guess that would be a good place to go get some sunshine.

OK, here's my throwdown! You've all made me feel pretty good and actually pretty pumped about this. What the hell, it's going to be fun. Here's my plan - I'm going to just go for the "shock the hubby" factor, and our first day there, I'm just going to slather up with sunscreen in the room, like we always do, then put on just the bottom, put the top of my suit into the bag, and look at my husband and say "OK, ready to go!" When his eyes get back into his skull, I'll slip on my cover up and we'll head down. That way, if I want to get in the sun, well, I've got no choice - I don't have the top on! LOL

Don't I talk a good game today? We'll see how I feel in 7 weeks yet.

Thanks for the info everyone. Keep the comments coming!
Old 06-11-2008, 09:40 AM   #24
Cancuncare Addict

Quote:

OK, here's my throwdown! You've all made me feel pretty good and actually pretty pumped about this. What the hell, it's going to be fun. Here's my plan - I'm going to just go for the "shock the hubby" factor, and our first day there, I'm just going to slather up with sunscreen in the room, like we always do, then put on just the bottom, put the top of my suit into the bag, and look at my husband and say "OK, ready to go!" When his eyes get back into his skull, I'll slip on my cover up and we'll head down. That way, if I want to get in the sun, well, I've got no choice - I don't have the top on! LOL

That's actually a pretty good plan! Let us know if you do it!
Bethy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2008, 09:46 AM   #25
Cancuncare Addict

Quote:
Quote:
I've become so comfortable with this that last year, I didn't even bring tops to the pool when we were at the BBG/Temptations. Just wore my coverup down to the pool and in to the restaurant for lunch. One day, didn't even do that - just draped my towel over my neck and down the front, and off I went. Made my husband bring me lunch by the pool. Although, I do have to say walking through the lobby like that on the way to the pool did bring a few double takes. Oh well..

On the pre-tanning thing, that makes sense - guess I just didn't think of it. I have big concerns over the safety of tanning beds though, so gotta figure out the "natural" thing that RobnStew suggested. Our back yard actually has one super-secluded spot - on top of the cover of the hot tub. Never thought about being in there in the daytime because the sun is so damn intense here - guess I'll surprise my hubby with getting a tan "there". That'll obviously clue him in on the intent for the resort of course. We have a gazebo-like structure around it, but roofless, as we're in Arizona, as we like to see the stars (we're in the Tucson area). Guess that would be a good place to go get some sunshine.

That's the spirit!
Old 06-11-2008, 10:06 AM   #26

Quote:
Quote:

great idea.

Want to help kids in and around Cancun? Check out:
www.giveatoygetasmile.org
4biddenpleasrs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2008, 10:20 AM   #27
Cancuncare Guru

Robin I am pretty sure it is the fact that we "know" Carrie and F personally. While I have known Carrie for YEARS and she has seen enough of me naked (Ok Drunken night in Vegas...well it was actually the next afternoon at that point! :shock: I dont think we have enough time here! :lol: ) that it wouldnt be an issue with me or her. The boys tho have only been around for the last couple years. How many of your friends men have seen you without clothes on? It just doesnt happen in the day to day ya know? Actually Carrie and I took our kids to a waterpark hotel last weekend and her man showed up there to visit a bit. I wasnt sure how uncomfortable I would be seeing him again later either. Really we dont all spend too much time as a group together so I had no idea it would be this soon either...thought maybe the image would be unburned from his mind by the next time I saw him! :P It was more ok than I thought really. In the end I am glad that I got to know him better and my man and him get along so well. I actually am fine going topless next year if they come along again.
Find me on fb: Angi Mihalow
Old 06-11-2008, 01:06 PM   #28
Cancuncare Regular

Last year was our first trip and the top did come off the first day. I felt weirder about it than anyone else did- till the drinks kicked in than what the hell! I would recommend lotion however, as I did get burned once and it wasn't fun. Can I say peeling nipples!!!
NOLAFUNCPL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2008, 01:39 PM   #29
Cancuncare Regular

Default topless

I have no problem taking my top off

Jeramie.
jrose52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2008, 02:39 PM   #30
Cancuncare Guru

Naomi your plan sounds great!