A Few Questions

Discussion in 'Golden Parnassus' started by Whimsy_1, May 5, 2010.

1. Whimsy_1

Whimsy_1 Newbie Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Hello, I just found your forum and am glad to see a dedicated thread to the Golden Parnassus. I have been reading and it is a lot of help.

I just booked a last minute trip and am leaving on Saturday for 4 nights. Can someone please explain how I can use the internet at the GP or is there an internet cafe close by? I have a lap top but if they have computers available in the hotel I would just rather leave it home. Do they sell minutes by the package, etc. If I have to bring my laptop where do you all put yours when not in the room?

Thanks for any help.

2. hrdway8

hrdway8 Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +40 / 0
    I'm sure many of the GP regulars can confirm, but what I've read on TripAdvisor is that there is no wireless (or at least a reliable signal), and the "business" center has computers that the 1980's want back. Based on what I've read, I wouldn't count on much internet access

3. Whimsy_1

Whimsy_1 Newbie Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Thank you for the reply. Do you know if there is an internet cafe close by? Or is there one at the sister site, Great Parnsassus? I don't want to be on the internet all the time but do need to check a few things from day to day.

4. bretthexum

bretthexum Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I've heard of people using starbucks internet. It's a bit of a walk down the street but could take the bus.

5. GCPSgirl

GCPSgirl Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    both resorts have internet available. You pay a few dollars for 15-30 minutes of usage. Seems like I have heard that wireless is now available in the lobby area, but not for sure. You can use the internet daily though. I do it every time we go there. The cost is a bit high, but its not that bad.

Haha...just noticed you are gone and back today. Sorry this was late. Hope you had a great time. If you do come back here, leave a report on how things are going at the Golden.