Beach Palace **** AI

Discussion in 'Cancun Info' started by Steve, Jan 22, 2005.

1. DaveT

DaveT Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Hey Ella!! Big question...is your mother mobile/active/OK with lots of walking? The reason I ask is that if she is not interested in lots of walking/stairs, the Beach Palace is the only choice. It is VERY compact and simple to navigate. The CP is much bigger and requires much more walking and stairs to get to the pool, beach, etc. Lemme know and I'll give you my best recommendation. I do know both properties pretty well.

DaveT

2. ELLABEAR424

ELLABEAR424 Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Hey DaveT,
    Yes my mom is very active. She can keep up with us.
    Although, we did use the elevator at the CP when going up to our 8th floor room.

Ok, I am waiting. Remember, we like to be entertained. LOL

3. DaveT

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    OK EllaBear,
    If you, your Mom and the teenagers are looking for lots of activities in the bar areas and pool, and possibly some flirting.....I would suggest the Cancun Palace. Because the CP is much bigger, and therefore has many more hotel guests, activities are going to be more prevalent. The Beach Palace has fun activities every single day at the pool and in the lounges, but I am guessing that your teenagers would enjoy the CP a little more simply because there are many more people with which to mingle/party. The two properties are very similar and you certainly can't go wrong with either. I would suggest staying at the CP and spending a few afternoons and evenings up the road at the Beach Palace. That way you'll have the ability to enjoy both properties. One thing you really need to check out is the Beach Palace's rooftop bars/pools. I really believe that they are going to start a new trend in Cancun with that one.

Let me know if you have any other questions!

DaveT

4. ELLABEAR424

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    HOW did you know that my mom was such a flirt??? :wink: :lol:

Yes, I really want to check out their roof top. Those pictures are great and looks like you are on top of the world.
    How full was the hotel when you were there?
    Were you able check out the beach at the CP? I know that you said the Beach Palace had some beach but it would come and go.

Thanks DaveT, I knew I could count on ya.

5. DaveT

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Hey Ella,
    The Beach Palace was about half-full when I was there in mid-February. The Cancun Palace was just about full. The beach at the BP was awesome. It was not long, but had plenty of room to hang out, etc. I did not get down to the beach at the Cancun Palace.

When are you all going down?

We are pissed here in Chicago because ATA just announced that they were no longer going to fly to Cancun out of Midway Airport. Flying out of there was soooooo easy. Damn!

Talk to you soon!

DaveT

6. ELLABEAR424

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I want to get down there around the 25th of June.
    I am having the same problem here in Detroit.
    Northwest used to have GREAT deals to Cancun.
    Leave here at about 6:00 and land in Cancun at 9:00 am.
    Last year it cost me 312.00 to fly down in June. :D
    Now, I am not seeing those prices and looks like Northwest does not fly out of here like they used to.
    With so many people losing their homes in our Great State :roll: , they really can't afford vacations. MLT vacations used to fly out of Detroit using Northwest, but not anymore.

7. Mnmama

Mnmama Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Dave-
    I told my husband about using aqua socks....did he listen??? NO
    And he wore a hole in the bottom of both of his feet. I think he might listen to me from now on.

8. DaveT

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Mnmama,
    That's a bummer. That damn pool is really rough. It seriously messed my feet up. Blisters and torn skin. Ouch!!! Those dumb men..........never listen do they? lol

DaveT

9. DaveT

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Hey everyone! Long-time, no-speak. Is anyone going to the Beach Palace Oct. 4-11?

DaveT

10. DaveT

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Going to Beach Palace this Saturday!!!!! Anyone else???

DaveT
    Chicago

11. Albert in NM

Albert in NM Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Hey Dave can you post some pics of the beach when you get back ? :lol: I have been wondering how the beach is and would love to see some pics . we allways stay at the Cancun palace cause the beach was so good there . but who knows now? we like to go in Feb around V day
    Thanks

Albert in NM :D

12. DaveT

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    You got it! I will certainly do so! I am finding it impossible to get an update on the beach conditions around Cancun. Especially around Beach Palace. I can't figure it out. Oh well. I'll be there in five days!!! Can't wait!

DaveT
    Chicago

13. Albert in NM

Albert in NM Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Thanks Dave looking foward to seeing them :D

Albert in NM

14. Turquoise water

Turquoise water Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Hola friends, first post and a exciting one!!!. I am headed down to the Beach palace in February and I was wondering if anyone can tell me about the condintion of the beach and also about the hotel. I was torn between the Cancun Palace, Sun Palace and the the Beach Palace. They were all the same price through my travel agent and in the end I decided on the Beach Palace. All the palace resorts seem to have great reviews, so I hope I picked the right place. At first I was set on the Sun Palace, but the pools looked small and it may be a little too quiet, we want to really party it up. Well happy travels friends.

15. Turquoise water

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I will post some pic for you when I get back. I too love going to Mexico in February. I love going down for the Superbowl..

16. DaveT

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Hey Turquoise,
    I have stayed at the Beach Palace many times. It is a beautiful and compact hotel. However, if you want to party.......you need to stay at the Cancun Palace. It has the best swim-up bar and their lobby bar is fantastic.

I am going to the Cancun Palace Feb. 20-28. When are you going?

DaveT
    Chicago

17. ladykatsfan

ladykatsfan Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    cancun/beach palace

hey guys/gals !!!

i haven't been on here for some time now but about 2 yrs ago my family and i took a trip to cancun palace during spring break and loved it. so now we are planning another trip in october but was hoping someone could give me updates on both cancun palace and beach palace resorts. this time it will be only 3 adults guys going (all gay) and was hoping to get some nightlife info and which resort would be the best to stay at. any and all help would be appreciated. any photos would be helpful as well.

robert

p.s. is this a bad time to visit (hurricane season)?

18. Jeff and Bob in Haverhill

Jeff and Bob in Haverhill Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Hey Robert,

I've never stayed at either BP or CP, but did walk the beach in front of the BP when we were there the last week of February. The beach was great - no rocks to speak of, and it was fairly wide.
    As for nightlife - the only place that is left that I know of is Karamba Bar in Centro de Cancun. We went there 3 years ago and had a blast. It's a late night club - nothing really started happening till almost midnight. Mostly locals, but a few tourists like us. The drag show was a hoot!

hope that helps a bit

19. Turquoise water

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    It has been awhile since I visited the site but I had to write back and say that Beach Palace was a great trip last February. I will be going back, that is for sure. It is a great hotel and we just loved it. I have to say that is was my best vacay yet :D

I just booked anther trip, but we will be staying down in the Playa area this trip. I really wanted to book the Beach Palace again, but I have been wanting to stay at another resort in the Playa area for some time now. I book it once and changed it last minute.