Best way to book Desire?

Discussion in 'Desire Riviera Maya' started by honeybee, Dec 31, 2015.

1. honeybee

honeybee Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Looking to book our first trip to Desire and wondering what is the best way to book. I know with booking Temptation, the prices can vary a large amount at different websites but that doesn't seem to the situation with Desire. Thanks.

2. Jen&Kyle

Jen&Kyle I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +2,302 / 12
    We have always booked through cheaptickets.com but orbitz and Expedia have deals too. All of the above take a certain % off the price. Then cheaptickets has additional promo codes you can also apply to the discount. And Desire runs buy 3 get the 4th night free promotions that carry over to the discount sites. That is how you get 500+ rates down to around 400 and occasionally down to 300.

3. AlanK

AlanK Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Also try trivago

4. honeybee

honeybee Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Thanks for the help

5. Royce54s

Royce54s Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +14 / 0
    In August we were at TTR and a woman there told us that twice a year that DP and DRM ran a sale. Any info on that ? Thanks. R

6. Cheers2US

Cheers2US Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +93 / 1
    Over Black Friday/Cyber Monday weekend, I was checking Trivago, Orbitz, Travelocity, TripAdvisor, Hotwire and Expedia religiously for rates at Desire RM for March 2017 I kept getting results of $570 to $678 per night (before taxes)

Yesterday, I tried Trivago again, and found a rate at $532/night (with Amoma) Eager to capitalize on the lowest rate I'd seen I booked it then and there. I checked the rate about 7 hours later and it had fallen to $464/night! I emailed the company to see if they could adjust my booking to the new rate without penalty. They replied they could/would not. Their cancellation fee is $60 I figured, for 2 nights, I'd save about $90 after the cancellation fee. $90 is $90... not a jackpot, but it would help pay for shuttle, some tips, etc

So I started booking again, same resort, same dates, but now at a slightly lower rate. Before I could finish booking, I had to step away from the computer and get my kid ready for school (we have a real life, too)

About an hour later, I got a phone call from Amoma asking if I wanted to complete my booking. I said I was thinking about it. The rep offered me a 4% discount, saving me another $40+ (cha-ching)

All in all, it took a little effort, some hassle, some hindsight, some luck but I was able to score 2 nights at Desire for $1034 including taxes

7. Steve

Steve Administrator Owner

Ratings:
    +1,948 / 12
    Don't forget if you book through the links on this site which take you direct to the hotels booking page you'll get free airport transfer added in for bookings of 3 nights or more.