Boobs cruise price increase for 2014

Discussion in 'Temptation Resort Cancun' started by Steve, Dec 5, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Steve

Steve Administrator Owner

I mentioned earlier that we will be putting up prices for the boobs cruise in 2014, but was waiting to hear back from the boat operator on how much this would be.

For 2014 the new price will be $85. Deposits will be $35 with $50 payable on the day as a balance. The new price will be effective from 1st Jan.

Reasons for the price increase include:

- a 5% hike in sales tax across the whole State. Quintana Roo used to enjoy a tax break as a 'Border State'. The newly elected party in power have removed this status and you should expect almost everything in Cancun to go up by at least 5%.

- Since we rarely do the downtown shopping stop any more we are spending more money on gas, and more alcohol is consumed.

- An increase in the "Sea Life Preservation and Dock Fee" which all aquatic tours charge.

- Our Ents staff and DJ had a pay rise earlier in the year which wasn't previously accounted for.

While I'm always a bit uncomfortable when I have to raise the price I still feel the Boobs cruise at $85 offers excellent value for money.

Albatros (the boat operator) currently offer their Platinum Tour for $97 plus dock fee extra. That will rise to around $110 plus dock fee - in total about $35pp higher than our new price.
    Luxury Sailing Tours Cancun | Sailing Tours Cancun

The Platinum tour is basically about the standard of boat, they are the same boats we use and we offer even more than the Platinum tour. We have a DJ, upgraded sound system plus Chinos, Omar and Dario. In addition, the best boat crew hand picked for their customer service skills and of course the very best clients to cruise alongside.

2. r&a 1964

r&a 1964 Regular Registered Member

he plans and books the family vacations she works
    :flash:paying more sucks. But not as much as missing a boobs cruise. Hope you have one during our stay! would love to go again.

3. 2v

2v Regular Registered Member

Still reasonable steve.

4. Will n Roz

Will n Roz Addict Registered Member

engineer... good with hands ;-)
    You done well to hold prices so long Steve, the prices have been static for so long and we all know everything has went up in price, but still great value for money... Most fun you can have with clothes on.... Sometimes they do stay on, not often.

5. easygoin

easygoin Newbie Registered Member

Is the price pp or total?

6. icecube88

icecube88 I can choose my own title Registered Member

Truck Driver
    It's $85 per person! :ernaehrung005:

7. dikfore

dikfore I can choose my own title Registered Member

Software Dev
    Still worth every penny!

8. ARealGoodTan

ARealGoodTan Regular Registered Member

Sounds fair to me! Can't expect prices to never change and it isn't such a huge increase.

A bargain at any price I say

9. dnagroupride

dnagroupride Addict Registered Member

Great value

It is always a difficult decision to raise prices for a business man who thinks through his heart. Steve always strives to provide the best in service on a first class boat. The entertainment staff constantly works for the enjoyment of all their passengers. Incredible value!:aktion033:

10. Bart/Annette

Bart/Annette Life begins at 40!!! Registered Member

You don't have to defend any price bumps to me. Having the pest boat crew with the best attitude would do it for me. Add in the DJ with great tunes, and you could charge way more in my opinion.

11. TomAndTabi

TomAndTabi I can choose my own title Registered Member

Still the best bang for the buck anywhere in Cancun. You're not losing our business!

12. Mike_and_Linda

Mike_and_Linda Addict Registered Member

Home Page:
    Still reasonable and we appreciate the transparency of the reasons why

13. jessmike

jessmike Enthusiast Registered Member

Automotive Maufacturing
    Still a great price for your boobs to dollar ratio, money well spent IMO!!

14. CaptMorgan

CaptMorgan Addict Registered Member

Real Estate Investor
    Steve, given the high demand for your cruises during peak season, I would have expected a larger increase in price, if only to properly balance demand with limited supply of spots on the boat.

That you provided an explanation of the price increase due to factors out of your control speaks to your always-awesome customer service and business acumen. The wife and I are on pins and needles until we have a paypal receipt for our deposit. The week 8 sellout scares the crap out of me!

15. Chris&Tammy

Chris&Tammy Guru Registered Member

Construction Superintendent/Farm owner
    We have done almost every tour available over the 15+ years we have been going to Cancun and the Boobs Cruise is definitely the best bang for the buck!

With that said, we will see you again on the 27th.

Last edited: Dec 6, 2013
  16. Sam and Heather

Sam and Heather Regular Registered Member

Retailer
    Hey Steve

Is it possible to pay more...say $100 and get you to offer a premium alcohol? (by premium...I mean a specific brand or family of brands...your drinks are not the cheap shit but there are a few other things I would add if I could)

I love the cruise...everything is great but it would be fantastic to enjoy my beverage of choice for the afternoon...and for that privilege I would love to pay.

If its a pain...what you offer is perfectly acceptable...but like everything in life this might just be an opportunity to make a few bucks more by offering something that is feasible.

(I will leave to you to ponder the logistics but there are a limited number of types of booze folks could request...Hell I would bring my own bottle and have you serve it since I am a Canadian Rye drinker...and I would still pay for it. You know what is possible since this is not your first rodeo and I leave it to you to ponder and comment)

If this request came from you it might sound to some like you are fishing for more cash by even suggesting something like this... so I am asking the question since I, like others prefer a certain brand/quality of booze (not really a rum punch or tequila fan). ...What could be better than a great drink on a perfect outing flying the tops and basically mooning the rest of the world?

If it is feasible...perhaps a poll of those that go on the cruise to garner interest?...and I am perfectly willing to have my name put up as the cause of the question in the first place

Sam

17. Dave & Audrey

Dave & Audrey Guru Registered Member

banking/business
    I think the Boobs Cruise is more of "Drink Mother F**ker, Drink, Drink Drink!" sort of event. Followed by a day of making bad decisions. Just grab a cup of the pink or orange stuff and put it in your body. Not really a tasting event for the fine connoisseurs of premium liquors. I'm not a fan of anything that increases the difficulty for the booze slingers. Just slows them down and needlessly complicates their job.

18. glenn/monique

glenn/monique Titties n Beer Registered Member

Owner operator/ Med Lab Assistant
    Ah I will still love you. Maybe you can buy me a drink on the cruise lol. It's the huge increase of the hotel that might keep us away.

Last edited: Dec 6, 2013
  19. Steve

Steve Administrator Owner

We've thought about this before and I don't think it would really work.

Plenty of people are happy with the current drinks, many people drink only beer and some people dont drink very much at all - not too many of those ;) It wouldn't be fair to charge everyone say $15pp more from which only a few would gain a benefit. We'd have to buy the alcohol separately so shopping trips, deliveries, inventory checking etc. would be involved.

Inevitably, even if we had 6 or 7 different types of Premium alcohol there would be something someone wanted that we didn't have. It would also slow the drinks service as we'd almost have to take individual orders and then pour to order rather than have the guys carry trays of the standard drinks around for people to take as they please.

If anyone really wants Premium alcohol I'd suggest to bring your own bottle. For the $15pp price rise suggestion that would likely cover the cost of a bottle and the bartender can keep it for you and serve it only for you.

20. Lenni & Jodie

Lenni & Jodie The Unicorn Hunters Registered Member

Still worth every penny

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.