1. hortonklyn Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    There is a topless pool at Breathless :) Not sure they are using it as much as TTR did but... there is hope.

2. mexico24 Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +43 / 0
    June 13th-24th, 2017 is our next trip to Breathless. Time to start getting ready!

3. john_missy Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    may 26 to june 2 can't wait! hope we meet some fun people;)

4. jacobstine Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +54 / 1
    So glad we don't have to wait long! We'll be there in 9 sleeps! First time there. Hoping to contribute to a temptationesque atmosphere. :)

5. LarKat Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +35 / 0
    Sitting on my balcony here at Breathless. Just a few thoughts about this resort.
    The whole place is beautiful. The room is amazing. We have the least expensive junior suite and it is still great. The food is good but so far not great, and I'm not a picky eater. We have only tried the buffet and the French so far but no real complaints. The pools are warm and quite nice. Only a few topless in the energy pool but everyone seems very friendly. Quite a few travel agents here right now and I don't think they would free the girls, even if they wanted to.
    One down side. There is no evening bar where everyone gets together like PattyO's. That puts the nite time at a MUCH lower level than the old TTR. Some of the evening entertainment is VERY good, but some of the nites seem to be lacking.
    They are constructing what seems to be a rooftop bar just across from our balcony. More about that once it is finished.
    The dance club area is OK but very small.
    The many complaints about the music being too loud are over blown. I am assuming they are from people people who have never been in a good club and they use the term "techno" to describe it. I will say, you won't hear oldies or big hair band music at the pools, but if you like EDM it is great. ( Monday had a great live band in the entertainment theater, enclosed with comfortable seating, that did the 80's and they were amazing.)
    Heading to breakfast......more later

6. JnJPartyStyle Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +87 / 0
    Thanks for the update! Keep us posted! We are interested in learning as much about this resort as possible before April!

7. jacobstine Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +54 / 1
    MOAR live updates. :)

We might be in your room in 8 days! Very interested to hear about your time. It's like starting vacation early!

:p

8. hortonklyn Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    Keep up the reports! Looking forward to our trip in Feb-March

9. mexico24 Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +43 / 0
    techno music

When were were in June the music wasn't all techno. there was variety. Still they play the same dance list that every other resort does (fireball, etc, ugghh). A nice slow song to dance to would be nice every now and then. But it seems to be the same music as the mega dance clubs in Vegas on most nights. There was a night that was heavy on the 80's music with 70's and 90's mixed in. Another night was hip-hop.

Breathless doesn't hide that in their advertising at all that the party goes all night, some people on other forums complain about it. lol.

10. LarKat Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +35 / 0
    The party atmosphere has picked up. Not as many travel agents. Our last day. I will post a full review when we get back to the snow and cold, but it will be positive. Larry

11. iowa farmers Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +169 / 0
    just read this.. LMAO, yeah last day there ended up breaking / severely hurting little toe getting out of that pool and the near by pool chairs.. haha.. but we sooooo mis CABO TTR :(

12. albri13 Regular Registered Member

Tennessee,by way of Florida miss the water.
    Ratings:
    +102 / 0
    we will be there 3/4-3/11

13. albri13 Regular Registered Member

Tennessee,by way of Florida miss the water.
    Ratings:
    +102 / 0
    see you guys there we get in Saturday 3/4/17 till 3/11/17

14. hortonklyn Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    Sounds great! We are ready for some sun and fun!

15. LarKat Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +35 / 0
    Breathless in December

OK It's been a month since we arrived back to winter. I promised a review of our trip to Breathless so here are a few thoughts to add to my comments while we were there.
    The up side:
    The room was nicer than any we have ever had in a resort. No problems with the A.C. or the music. Some of the earlier reviews had the "techno" (actually more EDM) way too loud way too late. We didn't find that at all. We were on the third floor facing the activity pool. We could watch some of the evening entertainment from our balcony. Either they listened to some of the complaints and turned it down, or we suffered hearing damage the first few days, but it isn't anything to keep you away.
    The resort being new was beautiful. There isn't much of a beach, at high tide there is no beach, but the level just above the water level beach has plenty of loungers, either in the sun or shaded.
    Speaking of loungers, there were plenty to go around at any of the three pools, no reserving etc. They said the resort was full when we were there and we never had a problem getting a spot.
    We were on a referral and we had the Excel club privileges, but we never really used them. We didn't need them. The club pool was touted as the quiet pool and we didn't use it at all. (It could have been called the dead pool) As in the rest of the resort, it was beautiful, but in my mind it wasn't worth the extra cost. Yes the club had some extra perks but they weren't the kind of things we needed to have a good time.
    The bars all had top shelf booze and you had your choice without insisting or tipping. Service was great as well.
    Food was good and most times very good. It depended on the place you ate.
    The pools were heated to just the right temp. I could walk right in to any of them without cringing or suffering shrinkage. We used the center activity pool about half of the time and the accelerate pool the other half. The accelerate pool was designated the topless optional pool but very few women took that option. At most 3-5 on any day. Saw a couple of ladies topless in the center activity pool and nothing was done about it.
    The games at the activity pool were minimal at best and even kind of lame at worst. Really it was nothing like TTR.
    The accelerate pool had a couple of really good foam parties where the DJ's were good and things got rocking but some days it was kind of mellow. There was usually some sort of entertainment there in the afternoon.
    A few nights the evening entertainment was good. Monday had a great guitarist who played solo and he was fantastic. Stairway to heaven was amazing. That was followed by a very good 80's/90's band at the indoor stage area. The 2 women singers were impressive. Other nights were just OK.
    The down side:
    The biggest downer was the lack of a central area at night for everyone to get together and party. (like PatyO's) Things kind of shut down around 11 unless you went to the dance club. It was good but small. It went from 11-2.

If you want a fun (but not party) vacation where you meet some really nice people in a very good atmosphere, this is the place. I think one of our 2 trips a year will be at a Breathless resort.
    Our second trip will be to come back home to TTR and enjoy our crazy party friends at TTR.

See you in December, Larry

16. TheMacs Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +22 / 0
    We are headed to Breathless Punta Cana March 8-15. Reviews seems good. I'm not sure about the topless part though. At least at TTR people either asked to take a pic or warned me. I'm worried that people maybe snapping pics without my knowledge. Since from what I've read although it's topless optional, most don't go topless. I don't mind going topless but due to my job the last thing I need is pics of me floating around.

17. iowa farmers Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +169 / 0
    a few recent reviews on here, our friends just went, were NOT going based on their review.

18. MrJandSluttyQuinn Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    Great Review. Definitely Helpful. Thank you for being so thorough. :)

Sent from my SM-N910W8 using Tapatalk

19. DoubleDD Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    We're there April 2 to 9. Let us know how you make out. At TTR Mrs. is topless full time but says she wont at Breathless if no one else is. Too bad.