Cancun Safety and Temptation

Discussion in 'Temptation Cancun Resort' started by Guest, Mar 5, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Guest

Guest Newbie Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Hello,
    First time post here. My wife and I are considering a trip to Temptation Resort. We were there many years ago and had a great time. My wife is having second thoughts about Cancun because of articles she has read regarding safety,tainted alcohol,shootings or getting sick. I assume many of you have been to Temptation many times, and I’m just curious if you always feel safe? The last time we were there I think more than 50% of the visitors were from the States which was very comforting to us. We are very conservative people and I understand the basics regarding staying out of trouble,not leaving unattended drinks,etc etc.
    Any thoughts for Pre Trip Anxiety?

2. L&E

L&E Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +263 / 1
    Old news from the middle of last year that gained popularity during a slow news cycle.

We were there in October, felt extremely safe, the new resort is fantastic.

Go have a great time!

3. Seafuncpl

Seafuncpl Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +371 / 0
    We just got back and always felt safe.

4. hotfitcpl

hotfitcpl Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +207 / 1
    To be fair, the issues you listed happen all over the place. We live in the fraser valley in BC closeish to Vancouver and have been embroiled in a multi gang war in our area for years. Lots of shootings/murders etc, and where we live is far from some sketchy ghetto type area. Tainted alcohol in clubs is pretty much the norm now anywhere you go - creeps and date rape drugs are everywhere unfortunately, and I wouldn't leave my drink unattended anywhere now. Cancun has big city problems like a lot of places do. Would I wonder too far off the strip as a foreigner? Probably not, but Vegas can be super sketch a block off the strip too with lots of drugged out urchins crawling the streets. There is also a general election this year in Mexico which has sparked some violence. We have a friend visiting in La Paz and he sent me a video of a cartel/election related gunfight a block from his hotel a couple weeks ago - cartels want their guys in office. Anyway, just take universal precautions for travelling anywhere (stay in populated areas, keep your drink in hand at ALL times, bring some Imodium) and just have some fun at the resort. Finally, keep in mind that bad news stories make the headlines first so that is what you will hear most of. Fun news stories don't sell papers. :)

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 2
    • List
  5. Captain Blue Eyes

Captain Blue Eyes I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +278 / 2
    I totally agree with Hotfitcpl. Every city has areas where you want to be careful, Cancun is no different. One of the advantages of TTR is the party really is at the hotel. It rivals most of the clubs, security is sometimes too effective (just say no to the yellow cards!) but generally you'll be very very safe in a party as much as you want atmosphere!

Don't let fear mongering media stop you from having a great fun vacation!

6. wild1s

wild1s Naughty 'n Nice Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1,640 / 10
    I've never felt unsafe at TTR whether I'm there single or with hubs. I can't say that about anywhere else I've been to.

7. MikeandSherrie

MikeandSherrie Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +139 / 1
    From a Canadian POV we feel safer in Cancun than a lot of US cities. That's not putting down the US it's just we have always had good experiences in Mexico including months of sailing and being in non resort situations. Don't hit on the locals wives, don't buy drugs (if you do pay up :mad:), don't pick a fight with the locals, don't break the laws. I guess I should have told Sherrie not to get a Federale drunk and dancing on the bar but it's to late that ship has sailed :marshe:Don't worry have fun!

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  8. ScubaSteve

ScubaSteve CCC's The Dude Registered Member

Ratings:
    +2,862 / 11
    Don't go to shady areas to buy shady stuff and you won't have any problems

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  9. marshe

marshe The Original Hottie and Hellraiser Registered Member

when not on vacation, home based 25 mns from Toron
    Ratings:
    +1,656 / 10
    And stay off ferries!
    Explosives on too many ferries lately

10. Vince & Wendy

Vince & Wendy Welcome to Never, Never Land! Registered Member

Ratings:
    +168 / 0
    A friend at work just spent a month in Cancun downtown.
    Spent everyday out and about without any issues and never felt unsafe.
    The resort itself is completely safe, but yes watch your drinks as you would at any nightclub.

11. soldier4402

soldier4402 Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +20 / 0
    Like anything common sense goes a long way. Would i go downtown Chicago at 1 am in shady area probably not. As far as the booze issue. I know it’s a known issue how big who knows. Staying on a guided trip or the relative down area or resort area I would not be afraid at all

12. PAULnPAT

PAULnPAT Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +69 / 0

What are the yellow cards?

13. Steve

Steve Administrator Owner

Ratings:
    +3,527 / 23
    A light hearted, non confrontational way for security to tell someone their behaviour is getting out of hand and they should tone it down a little. Far more diplomatic than creating an argument or manhandling people.

I just don't get it, people know the rules but it seems many like to overstep the boundaries. Almost like kids at school showing off to their friends so they can brag they got a detention.

Last edited: Mar 7, 2018
  14. Steve

Ratings:
    +3,527 / 23
    Oh and if anyone is wondering why the op is a guest post (as I was), since only registered members can post here. The op actually registered an account with the name "Guest".

Last edited: Mar 6, 2018
  15. Bryan21178

Bryan21178 Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +159 / 1
    3 trips and never had any issues. Jen and I have went downtown walking around and shopping we have rode the bus pretty much been around cancun. Now with that said if your looking for trouble drugs and such then Im sure you will find it. But this is true about anywhere you go.

16. RobnSteph

RobnSteph Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +134 / 0
    The biggest danger in Mexico to me has always been myself. Riding my motorcycle off the road into a rock and doing wheelies on the beach after a few fishbowl margaritas. But in my mind, the best places are where you find the fewest people. Temptation is my exception to that. 217.jpg

• Winner Winner x 4
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
    • List
  17. Mr. CPU

Mr. CPU Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +194 / 0
    Just down the street in Playa del Carmen... USA issues travel warning for Mexican resort town

Not that it impacts our plans at all, no reason to live in fear, we are looking forward to our upcoming trips to Cancun and Playa del Carmen.

Getting a bit political, but between all the mass shootings around the US, food being recalled for various health reasons across the country, widespread deadly flu, and the likelihood of getting killed on the US highways on our way to the airport, the tourist parts of Mexico appear to be less risky. At least we will have a drink in one hand, each other in the other hand having a good time, and a smile on our faces while basking in the sun.

• Like Like x 4
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  18. Rick

Rick Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +164 / 0
    The warning was issued over a ferry boat being bombed— then something about finding another bomb on another ferry boat— this is not a doper vs doper but targeting a public ( may be private owner) ferry that carries passengers!!! Steve can u set in straight??? Leaving for a kids cruise going here next week!!!!

19. Jen&Kyle

Jen&Kyle I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +4,562 / 19
    Hmm. I am not one to panic or ring alarm bells but this one does feel different than the typical drug violence. You don’t close an embassy due to drug violence, right???

20. Steve

Ratings:
    +3,527 / 23
    Closing this thread, no need for multiple threads about the same thing.

Please refer to the thread below, which has more in depth discussion:
    US Travel Warning

Also, please understand the difference between an Embassy and a Consular Agency.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.