cure for hard beds

Discussion in 'Temptation Resort Cancun' started by fbjr1, Jul 22, 2004.

1. fbjr1

fbjr1 I can choose my own title Registered Member

:D :!:
    ok, here is a great idea...i think. jamie and I were at bed bath and beyond last week registering for our November wedding and i had a great idea!!! they had a section that has those foam mattress covers. two ways to go...
    cheap foam one ($20)that can be put in nylon gym bag and packed as luggage then thrown away at the end of the week( bag can be folded up small and be repacked in another bag)
    or expensive one ($50)that comes in its own travel bag with handles that can be reused
    now this seems like alot of trouble , but for us we had a few bad nights that the beds were just to uncomfortably hard to sleep and we take only 2-large bags each so we have room for another piece of luggage that will be very very light( another advantage breakables can be packed in the middle)!!!
    any thoughts on this? or better ideas? :?: :?

2. gottaski

gottaski Addict Registered Member

Funemployed!
    Home Page:
    our bed was only too hard the first night... i just hadn't drank enough!!

3. Sparkey

Sparkey Guest

Some folks have reported they took a 15 minute bus ride to WalMart and fought a foam egg crate thingy and then left it behind. You won't have to carry it on the plane.

4. Jamie

Jamie Mayor of Temptation Registered Member

Internal IT Auditor
    I started off reading this and thought... who was I with last week registering for our November wedding?????? And then I realized it was be the ugly Jamie but the beautiful Jamie..... Then I thought... wait registering for our November wedding????? You have married that girl yet???? There's still time for me to steal her away???? And then I remembered that Chris might have a little problem with that..... so I got my brain back on track and continued reading....

:wink:

Jamie

5. CinciCouple

CinciCouple Enthusiast Registered Member

Too funny, Jamie :lol: !!! Any chance us buying you and Chris a drink before you leave on the 5th? Hopefully we'll get to bbg by noon... our flight lands at 10am.

Beth

6. Ben Gaz

Ben Gaz Guest

I personally feel that the more I drink the softer the beds become. I would recommend trying that before spending money on one of those foam things, even though those work aswell.

7. bride3

bride3 Guest

No complaints with the bed!!!!!!
    Like I said in my trip report, my glass was never empty the entire week!

8. jenfleur

jenfleur Guest

No complaints with mine either, can't be doing with a squishy bed anyhow. But then, I have been known to sleep on the bathroom floor when drunk :oops: so that could be why!

Jen

9. Bridget

Bridget Guest

Too many drinks cure everything...plus after drinking and then an evening night cap :wink: with the ole hubby I could fall asleep anywhere.

10. johnv51

johnv51 Enthusiast Registered Member

Retired
    Home Page:
    :D The beds are built for endurance not comfort!

11. Klaw

Klaw Guest

I think I'm going to have to spend a night at BBG to see what all you people are talking about, LOL! :wink:

Karan

12. jenfleur

jenfleur Guest

Haha! I'll vouch for that! :lol:

Jen

13. fbjr1

fbjr1 I can choose my own title Registered Member

:oops:
    ok , we must be the only wusses to go to cancun, cause the bed we had was like sleeping on two boxsprings instead of a box spring and a mattress. man it was hard and when we were....uh :3some: you know...it reminded me of when i used to own a bar( pool tables work but watch out, felt leaves really bad knee burns!!)
    And Jamie you were right it was the better lookin one :D and i am making her an honest woman two weeks after our october trip! look out batch. party in cancun!!!!

14. Jamie

Internal IT Auditor
    Cinccouple,

Sorry but that's a different Chris and Jamie coming in August. I thought it was going to be a little when I typed it in. :D But if we're every there together I'll be sure to pick up your bar tab at BBG. :D

Frank,

Man that makes it harder than every to go to the Bahamas in October rather than BBG. :( Congratulations to bother of you. :D

Jamie

15. Jamie

Internal IT Auditor
    Oh... and by the way, I've heard of a few people buying the egg crates for the beds at BBG but have never followed one, or at least it was gone before I checked in. Wonder what happens to the ones that get leaft behind.

Anyone ever check in to find one on their bed when they got there?

Jamie

16. NormsKid

NormsKid Guest

No you are NOT wussy's....the beds are hard as hell!!!!

They have NO give in them and will give you bed sores in NO TIME FLAT!

It has nothing to do with being drunk or a wussy........that's just how the beds are all over Cancun, unless you stay at someplace like the Ritz where they import the mattresses.

Pay the $20 and get a freakin pad or you'll be sorry!

Alot of folks like to ignore the negative things about going to Cancun...let them....but if you don't particularly fancy the idea of sleeping on what appears to be a concrete slab, get some padding!

You've been warned...so if you don't follow the advise, please don't blast Cancun in a trip report by saying how hard the beds are and how you had to run to the chiropractor as soon as you got home.

Michelle

17. SirMoose

SirMoose Guest

Are all the beds hard? My room was in the "new" section, and I dont remember the bed being too hard. Of course there are a number of things I dodnt remember too well from that trip!

18. Klaw

Klaw Guest

I don't think they are all hard....

Like you, I have stayed in the new section many times and didn't have any complaints about the beds.

The person who has gone with me many times in the past has a bad back and for the most part I don't recall her complaining about the beds in that section either.

Karan

19. NormsKid

NormsKid Guest

LOL!

I've been going to Cancun for over 10 years and every bed I've slept in, no matter which hotel, the bed was hard as hell.....

An this is coming from someone who for medical reasons must sleep on a firm mattress....those in Cancun give a whole new meaning to the word firm.

Michelle

20. Jamie

Internal IT Auditor
    I actually like them too. :D

Jamie