Dress Code

Discussion in 'Breathless Riviera Maya' started by Stu Gots, Jul 9, 2018.

1. Stu Gots

Stu Gots Newbie Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    Need tips on what to pack. Traveling with my brother and a female friend. Mostly wondering about dinner and nightlife.

2. ObiRey

ObiRey Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0
    For most of the dinner restaurants, men are required to wear slacks and collared shirts. I had read that nice shorts were allowed to all but the French restaurant, but I got turned away at the Mexican restaurant to go change. My room was pretty close so it wasn't a big deal, but it also meant all the time I spent buying some shorts for "smart resort wear" were wasted.

I don't remember there being a "dress code" for the night club. Since I was already wearing slacks, I usually went out at night in the same clothes.

For women, anything dressy works. Sun dresses, cute outfits, long dresses, club wear, etc. Saw a pretty broad range.

3. Stu Gots

Stu Gots Newbie Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    Great! Thank you

4. bababua

bababua Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +24 / 1
    It’s funny because I wanna I’ll likely pack shorts but won’t be wearing them if at all. It’s either swim shorts or pants at nite. I guess I could change back into shorts at note but that would require effort.

5. ObiRey

Ratings:
    +3 / 0
    I only wore shorts on the day we left the property to visit the ruins. And travel days. The rest of the time I was indeed either wearing swim suit or slacks.

6. KCPhantom

KCPhantom Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +6 / 0
    Men are not required to wear slacks and a collard shirt. You can also wear jeans and non-collared shirts. Tanks and shorts are not allowed.

7. bababua

bababua Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +24 / 1
    I wore jeans and a nice vneck or whatever and nothing ever said. It might be how you wear it?

8. ObiRey

Ratings:
    +3 / 0
    I said slacks, I meant long pants. You're right that jeans are allowed. Sorry for confusion.