Exercising Together !!!

Discussion in 'Free For All' started by Partydollgirl, Jan 5, 2011.

1. Partydollgirl

Partydollgirl I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    So, I have had a great Christmas and a great New Years celebration and because of that now I have a few pounds to loose.

I am hoping that some will join me and we could post our progress on here and support each other through it...

I need to be honest here when I say "I have been on almost every freaking diet out there".. I am never going on a diet again. (hopefully I won't eat those words)..haha!

Weight watchers
    Dr. Bernstein
    Jenny Craig
    Isagenix
    slimfast
    Southbeach to name just a few.

while I don't have a lot to loose, I have lost the same amount of weight, over and over and over again..

My goal this time it to eat Healthy..not count calories, lower my carb intake.. increase my fiber, have lots of fresh veggies, choose lean cuts of protein, drink lots of water and .....EXERCISE!!! which I freaking HATE to do...

so far for exercise, I am doing the stairs at my work instead of the elevator..I am a smoker so that is a few trips up and down in a day, 3 floors so 100 stairs a trip.. lol and I promised myself to do 30 minutes every day of something, some kind of physical activity .. I know that is not huge.. but its more than I have done in the past and for someone that hates it as much as I do.. it is huge.. haha!

I will post my losses or gains each week and maybe a little bit of bitching at times but I really hope that some of you join me .. :aktion033::aktion069:

2. fitmaria

fitmaria Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Good luck and have fun with it!!
    Eating properly is always more important than exercising when it comes to weight loss but exercise daily is also needed. Don't forget lifting weights to increase lean muscle mass by increasing your metabolism all day long.

3. Partydollgirl

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Thanks for the encouragement .. I do have a few weights!!:cool:

4. LabradorCouple2732

LabradorCouple2732 Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I will play this game:

This is Darren, Sherry doesnt need to lose weight, she is skinny enough.

I only have 35 days until TTR, and need to lose 10 pounds (at least). I am currently at 234, I would like to be around 220. I am a big boy anyway, 6'2", but getting rid of 10 to 15 pounds would make me feel better.

For exercise, I play hockey 2 times a week and my job is often physically demanding, but i will make an effort to reduce my calories. Lets see what kind of progress I can make in 5 weeks.

5. Partydollgirl

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    OK! thats great, thanks for joining in with me .. have to say though I am Not going to post my weight.. haha!!
    but will post my losses..

I have heard that people that have a job that is physically demanding dont loose weight with just that because your body gets used to that amount of activity.. maybe try doing a bit extra..

6. LabradorCouple2732

LabradorCouple2732 Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Yeah, I am going to jump on the exercise bike everyday that I dont have hockey. Walking stairs wont do much for me since I walk about 400 stairs up and down about 3 times a day at work.

I would never expect you to post your weight, I am a gentleman... lol

7. meanestkitty

meanestkitty Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    We're In

The wife went back to WW on Tuesday and you should have seen the packed room. i guess a lot of people have the same goal for the new year. I rode the elliptical for an hour. I probably should have only doen it for 30 minutes as I was so sore the next morning.

8. Partydollgirl

Ratings:
    +0 / 0

9. tere

tere Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    PartyDoll..you could exercise together with Brewster, for that extra physical activity!

I always found that keeping a food diary helped since I really like to eat. I'm up 8 pounds from where I'd like to be. Mostly from salty snacks and sweet things. I just can't say no. I lift weights and 45-60 minutes on the treadmill already, 5 days a week. But I'm guilty as hell of sitting on my butt the rest of the day, doing nothing...especially in the winter.

If I lived in a cold weather area, it would really be bad news.

So I'm in.

10. D_Mist

D_Mist Newbie Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Well done for making the step...Good to get yourself on some mini-competition runs so even if you don't feel like doing the practice runs, you'll get motivated as there's a goal you're reaching for.

Aiming to do a Half-Marathon this year, naturally after SB :clappyinghappy:

11. Partydollgirl

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Meanestkitty ~ I hear you on that .. but I have learned over the years in my professional
    dieting roll..JK! that if I over do it .. I wont keep it up so I am starting slow..

Tere~ I am a salt snacker.. I cant resist potatoe chips..I can say no to sweets.. I dont really care for them..

thanks to every one that has joined in so far!..

12. Partydollgirl

Ratings:
    +0 / 0

13. Sam&LeeAnn

Sam&LeeAnn Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Partydoll you certainly don't look like you need to lose any pounds but I applaud the effort to stay healthy. I work out regularily and find I don't tend to lose much weight around the belly. Proper diet seems to go alot further for me. I'm going to try to lose 7-10lbs with you in the next 5 weeks...bye bye snacks!! (still can't give up on the beer though)

14. D_Mist

D_Mist Newbie Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    The magic figure is 6g for salt they say, Sugar's (simple) definitely worse for the waist & hips though :( March 13th's my target for over there so might as well go through the pain now to get to the pleasure...

April 10th, thats loads of time so more than sure you'll be looking prim & proper... Remember to always write your goal down though :)

15. Partydollgirl

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Thanks for that.. most of my friends say that too.. but for me its all about feeling comfortable in my clothes.. and the way I feel about myself.

16. adampeix

adampeix Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    I gained 4 pounds at Temptations but then spent 5 days eating delicious southern cooking and gained 4 more. It was well worth it. Almost back down to prevactation weight and we left Dec 17th. Now its time to lift heavy for two months and go back to P90X for 3 months to shape up for summer. We live in a beach area and both bartend so we both have to stay fit during the summer.

17. Partydollgirl

Ratings:
    +0 / 0

18. Partydollgirl

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    [quote=adampeix;354116

I have looked into that P90X and it looks brutal..I don't think at this point I could keep up... maybe once I get a bit more fit but I have heard great things about it

19. Brewster

Brewster I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    I think you look great in your clothes.... or out of them ;)

20. tere

tere Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    P90X sounds pretty brutal to me! I'm pretty sure it would be nothing for me..Silver Sneakers is more my speed. I have officially started with my official weigh-in, huge workout with 30 more minutes of treadmill, step machine, food diary. And the food diary, to keep me honest!
    I have now told myself that I will not and can't book my next trip til I reach my goal.
    That will be my motivation.
    Anyone else for a first day report?