Fiesta Americana Condesa Cancun ***** EP

Discussion in 'Cancun Info' started by Steve, Jan 23, 2005.

1. Steve

Steve Administrator Owner

Fiesta Americana Condesa Cancun

Post comments, reviews, trip reports and links to your pictures for Fiesta Americana Condesa Cancun here.

Located at Km15 it is a 15 minute bus journey to the party center. This hotel is Ocean side. Downtown is a 35 minute bus journey away.

Check the links below for information, availability and pricing with the following operators:

Best Day Cancun

Expedia

2. jmon

jmon Guest

Fiesta Americana Condesa - Jan. 10-17, 2005

Fiesta Americana Condesa - Jan. 10-17, 2005

8)

The F.A. Condesa made a great first impression. Very nice lobby, and awesome, huge 2 level pool. The upper level was heated to about 82 deg. Restaurant near the pool is nice but expensive ($8 margaritas - $4 beers) Check-in went smooth. We got a rate of $125 on hotwire (all taxes incl). The room was nothing exceptional, but comfortable and adequate!. We tipped the maid 50 pesos a day and our room was cleaned every day by noon. We had a great view from our Room (#317 in the Moon Tower). We were fortunate to have a balcony, not all rooms have it; if you are staying there you might want to request one. The staff was great, all very friendly and accomodating. The hotel is on a great stretch of beach. Current was strong during our stay. They have lifeguards at both ends of their section of beach. Plenty of palapas and lounge chairs (50% with nice cushions); we never felt crowded at the pool or beach. Drinks and snacks can be ordered from the beach. (the nachos we're pretty good and not too expensive). All in all I liked the hotel very much and was happy we ended up @ the condesa.

One evening we rented a car from 'best day cancun' (the activities company located at the F.A. Condesa) They got us a rate of $50 (small atos car) including insurance, and arranged to have the car dropped off the evening prior to the rental day for no extra charge.

One great piece of advice I got from cancuncare, was to buy a Styrofoam cooler at WalMart for beers etc. (also you can get a six pack of Corona at the Cancun WalMart for about $3.50). They leave you no room in the minibar for anything personal. I also brought a insulated plastic Starbucks cup for margaritas (for my wife) while we lounged on the beach. Saves a lot of money.

3. janie

janie Guest

Fiesta Americana Condesa

FIESTA AMERICANA CONDESA

We stayed at this hotel twice, the first time was January 2004, and the second time was January 2005.

Both times we had a Fiesta Club oceanview room, nice!

Very clean room, lots of big fluffy towels, mini bar, turn down service at night.

We thought the food was very good.
    You can order from a menu, or the Condesa also offers a buffet, including a large dessert selection.

We found the prices at the Condesa to be high, :shock:
    but they do offer an all-inclusive option, also.

The Fiesta Americana Condesa is a very nice hotel, with excellent service and good food.

There is no entertainment at night, except a sax player in the Lobby Bar.
    So if you're looking for an upscale, quiet hotel this may be the place for you!

:cool:

4. Ladyinred

Ladyinred Guest

Going in April

Hey im college student whose going down with a few of her gf's the beginning of April. We are staying at this hotel. Is it pretty close to the night life or are we pretty far out from that scene.

5. Michael F.

Michael F. Moderator/1st CC Member Registered Member

Caring for my newborn!
    Well, you are too far to walk to the "party zone", but that shouldn't stop you from grabbing a 7-peso bus ride there. Transportation is cheap and reliable (busses run their route 24/7).

6. FamilyMan

FamilyMan Newbie Registered Member

Reopening Status?

Just booked a trip for my family in early Mar 2006. Any idea how the reopening is coming along? Good place to stay for children/family?

7. Kamigwen

Kamigwen Newbie Registered Member

Home Page:
    I'm planning on staying at the Condesa in May for my honeymoon. I know it opens back up on January 31st but I was wondering about the condition of the beach. Can anyone give me any information?

8. sjasonsmith1795

sjasonsmith1795 Newbie Registered Member

Engineer
    Why the delay in reopening?

I saw that there was a delay in the reopening of the Fiesta Americana Condesa.... Any reason why? Does anyone from Cancun have any recent picture of this hotel? I am planning a visit to Cancun in May and just wanted to see how the Condesa was rebuilding.

Thanks, Jason :evil:

9. CrazyLou

CrazyLou Newbie Registered Member

Reopening

I am planning on staying at the Condesa Feb 10th thu 19th... as the hotel was planning on reopening on January 31st... which has now been pushed back to the 15th of Feb... I am trying to get in touch with the hotel chain to see what the deal is... or if they can transfer my reservation to another one of their already open hotels... I will check back and let you know what I find out...

10. CrazyLou

The COndesa is OPEN !!

I called my travel agent -- who contacted the hotel directly... the lady at the Condesa said that the Hotel is very much open, as of now... The reopening dates as posted on the Posadas Website show when the facility will be 100% repaired from Wilma... So it's open now -- just not in 100% top form... still has some cosmetic blemishes... Good news!

11. scolone

scolone Newbie Registered Member

My wife and I booked a trip to the condesa for feb15th 2006 on travelocity. I received a phone call a week ago telling me that condesa was not going to be open on the 15th, so they were reserving a room for us at the Fiesta American Grand Coral (i think thats what it is called). I checked out the grand coral and it seems i got a good deal here. It appears to be a better hotel.

so i called the coral a few days later just to confirm my reservation. The lady told me that the condesa would be opening on the 16th. I would stay the first night at the coral then move to the condesa the next day. This pissed me off. In my past experiences it always seems to be a pain in the ass to check in and out of a hotel. So, I think im going to waste my first full day there changing hotels.. Any thoughts.

Ill still be happy to be in cancun though!! :p

12. CrazyLou

Fiesta Americana Drama...

Well... my above post aside.... I have yet to receive a phonecall about my reservation... but have been in touch with the hotel via email... My trip is from Feb 10th thru 19th... and I too have been told that my reservation is being transfered to the Grand Coral facility... So I get a week there... and then the last three days that the Condesa... which yes... pisses me off. I requested to stay at the Grand Coral for my whole trip... and was told that there is not enough availability at the Grand Coral for my whole stay... so I will take it as it is... Happy to be in Cancun... not so happy about the switching hotels mid trip... but so glad that things are getting back to normal down there... Any other info that comes up in the next nine days before I leave... I will surely share with you all...

13. aineetiny

aineetiny Enthusiast Registered Member

FIESTA AMERICANA CONDESA 3 YEARS IN A ROW! going in MAY 2006

This will be our 3rd year staying at the Fiesta Americana Condesa Cancun. I highly recomend this Resort, Especially for families with kids. My son Loves going each year...he can`t wait for may to come. FAC has a Kids club called Fiesta Kids, complete Play room with all the activities you can thin of. Daily activities with hotel staff, Kiddie pool... etc. They also have ceramic painting by the pool (great do it yourself souvenier, 100 pesos each) but it`s worth it cause you can lounge by the pool while your kid paints. REALLY nice Staff, bautifull lobby, rooms, restaurants etc. The concierge takes good care of you (reservations, tours, babysitting services). We booked may 7th - 12th 2006. Did not eat at the restaurants, since there`s a lot of them outside hotel. be sure to take the magazines and coupons they give you at the airport, you can look thru them so you can pick your restaurants. I reccommend La parrilla (downtown) and Italianni`s at La Isla shopping village (open march 2006). I`ve been searching online for info on FAC, and they will be open for bussines on february 16th. They put in all new mattresses, ans re-tiled the swiming pool. See you there, feel free to ask about tips, tours etc. CANCUN here we come!!!
    91 Days 16 Hrs 37 Mins 51 Secs til FIESTA AMERICANA CONDESA

14. aineetiny

Fiesta americana condesa Open 100% February 16TH

I`ve been searching online for info on FAC, and they will be open for bussines on february 16th. They put in all new mattresses, ans re-tiled the swiming pool. See you there, feel free to ask about tips, tours etc. CANCUN here we come!!!
    91 Days 16 Hrs 37 Mins 51 Secs til FIESTA AMERICANA CONDESA

15. Margo

Margo Newbie Registered Member

Fiesta Americana Condessa Cancun

This has always been one of our favorite. Has anyone actually slept on the new mattresses? I was going to WalMart & buy a foam pad but the new beds sound wonderful.

16. Margo

Margo Newbie Registered Member

Fiesta Americana Condessa

Where can I find updates on FAC? We want to go Feb. 22. Thanks

17. CrazyLou

What kind of updates are you looking for?

If you're looking for info info from the hotel management company "Posadas" -- just go to http://www.fiestaamericana.com There you can get info about tennative re-opening dates, hotel phone numbers and addresses, etc... Here's a link to the reopening page...

18. aineetiny

Fiesta Americana Condesa MAY 2006

:shock: ONLY......60 Days 07 Hrs 59 Mins 05 Secs til FIESTA AMERICANA CONDESA CANCUN FOR US!! anyone else going may 7th - 12th 2006??? :D

19. aineetiny

Counting the days!! may 7-12 2006!!

:lol: 51 Days 17 Hrs 58 Mins 28 Secs til FIESTA AMERICANA CONDESA :lol:

20. BunnyLuv

BunnyLuv Newbie Registered Member

Home Page:
    Hi Aineetiny. I was wondering how your stay at the Fiesta American Condesa was. I'll be staying there from 06/25-07/03. Got transferred from the Casa Magna Marriott. :roll: