FLIGHTS

Discussion in 'Free For All' started by Donald, Oct 21, 2017.

1. Donald

Donald Devil's advocate Registered Member

Ratings:
    +162 / 0
    Is there an App, or site that tracks price drops on specific flights/airlines .

I have found some but they track point a to b , with no regards to stops/airline companies ect ..

for example I,ll get an email for a price drop on a flight that has 10 hour layovers

2. RobnBecky

RobnBecky Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +53 / 0
    I use Hopper for this, but I think I can only really do this for direct flights because there are so few options from Edmonton to Cancun direct.

I know you can also set the maximum layover to 4h in the filters so you will not get a super cheap flight plan that takes 20+ of travel time. Not exactly what you want but it can minimize the emails you get from really bad flight plans.

3. Crystal

Crystal Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +23 / 0
    I booked direct flights from Edmonton to Cancun months ago for December (we actually chose our trip dates based off when we could have direct flights), then a month ago the rotten buggers cancelled the direct and gave us a layover in Calgary that now leaves 3 hours earlier for the same price and no other options for that day.

4. RobnBecky

RobnBecky Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +53 / 0
    They did the same to us, I was able to get them to put us on another direct flight a day earlier. The option they chose for us was Edmonton -> Toronto -> Cancun, that more than doubled the flying time. I called and complained, got a direct flight a day earlier and a $250 credit to cover the extra night at the hotel. (Westjet).

You are far enough out that if leaving a day earlier is an option you may be able to get the same sort of deal.

5. Donald

Donald Devil's advocate Registered Member

Ratings:
    +162 / 0
    I hate flight iternary changes ,, had to cancel a TTR Cabo trip one year ,, changed it ti Cancun , worked out .
    I haven't booked April yet but the flights have changed twice .. from Ottawa we have so many options ,, Ottawa Toronto or Montreal , ussually only a 1 or 2 hour layover , after a 40 minute jump, not too bad.
    Flights for April are running at 1400 (2) last time we paid 1100 . Interjet has good deals but by the time you upgrade to a seat with luggage ,, the deal is reduced.

6. Jess_2703

Jess_2703 I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +82 / 0
    I heard you, I book and price have been the same so far.
    Mine went up by 100 $ and I book after. Only one flight available as well from Westjet during the day.. others are overnight flight/layover. No way in hell I'll sleep in an airport.
    I wouldn't drive either to Montreal or Toronto just to have a direct flight. I don't mind the little layover we have about an hour and we met some friend in Toronto so we can start to party earlier :)
    Flight are so early too I'm not able to actually have breakfast so I ended up taking something with me at Toronto.
    But as for an app I'm not sure either, price been the same anyhow since I book and after Christmas they will go up.