Food Allergies Question

Discussion in 'Temptation Resort Cancun' started by jetset, May 11, 2018.

1. jetset

jetset Newbie Registered Member

Ratings:
    +13 / 0
    Hi, this will be our first trip back since remodel, 3rd trip total. I have extensive food allergies including milk, egg, nuts, coconut, honey, and avocado. Plus several others. In addition I don't eat meat. In previous trips I brought protein powder and wow butter and I was lucky enough to find things I could eat between the asian restaurant and the buffet. Just wondering if anyone thinks this will hold true in the new TTR. TIA!

2. GoGoBlanco

GoGoBlanco Not spoilt, Privileged! Registered Member

Ratings:
    +186 / 0
    Every restaurant we went into asked if we had any allergies. We met up with some friends, he has food allergies, we dined at the Hibachi together, they made sure his food was cooked first, before any other food went on, the Maitre d' had his eyes on the chef at all times to make sure....most reassuring I'd say! As long as you tell them, I'm sure they'll be able to accommodate you.

• Informative Informative x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • List
  3. jetset

Ratings:
    +13 / 0
    Thank you! That actually does make me feel a lot better. I just don't want to end up sick or have to use my epi pen on vacation!

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • List
  4. Edward-Alli

Edward-Alli Photofucker Registered Member

Ratings:
    +162 / 6
    Holy shit that is alot of allergies, sorry to hear that, must be hard to find food options. Last week all restaurants asked before we sat down if we had any allergies. Hopefully you can find some options.

5. jetset

Ratings:
    +13 / 0
    Thank you so much for the reassurance. Sadly, those aren't even half of the list and it definitely makes it a challenge to travel or hell, to eat out at all. I tend to stick to foods I know are safe which is way less fun then getting to try something new but I just try to channel those energies other ways.

6. GandC

GandC Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +72 / 0
    As someone who has found out the hard way that I have a mushroom allergy, it's good to know they're asking in advance.