ME Cancun (formerly Melia Turquesa) ***** AI

Discussion in 'Cancun Info' started by Steve, Jan 22, 2005.

1. Steve

Steve Administrator Owner

Melia Turquesa

Post comments, reviews, trip reports and links to your pictures for Melia Turquesa here.

Located at Km12 it is a short hop by bus to the party center. This hotel is Ocean side. Downtown is a 25 minute bus journey away.

Check the links below for availability and pricing with the following operators:

Best Day Cancun

Expedia

Travel Center

2. KA2_P3R

KA2_P3R Guest

excited!

woot stayin here march 12-19!

see you there! :lol:

3. CaperKeith

CaperKeith Guest

I Recomend this 10 fold!!!

beautiful hotel, beautiful beach... great food, awesome rooms....the staff is beond belief they work their buts off and don't ask for tips... but of course they are appreciated to the fullest extent and trust me you will be greatly appreciated and they will do their best to make your trip the best it can be..absolutley no hassles, no problems what so ever during my stay from March 10-17the during the peak time of spring break... great atmosphere and great fun... i will defin.. return to the MT in the future.. and you should TOO!! :D

4. oohznsexii

oohznsexii Guest

Re: Melia Turquesa ***** AI

Hi im going here in may, i reserved my room online and had a few questions and maybe you can answer, Online u can only reserve for 2 ppl in the room, i wanted to know if 4 ppl are allowed to stay in one room, would u have any info on that?

5. AlbaAngel18

AlbaAngel18 Guest

I stayed here just recently from July24th to August 7th...and let me tell you it was the best time i've ever had!Beautiful beach, definetly think one of the nicest spots along the hotel zone... Wonderful service, the rooms were gorgeous...everything was great...the food was ok, but i mean what do u expect when they have to feed over 400 people a day, 3 times a day! All in all, i really enjoyed my stay at the Melia, and im definetly going to return there doing spring break!!!

ne questions PM me:)

6. AlbaAngel18

AlbaAngel18 Guest

oh and the activities cordinators we're soooo awesome! Although i never participated in any games at the pool, they we're always so pumped up and got the hotel going... PLUS they were awesome hosts for each and every club night we went on!!!

7. Sunnydaze05

Sunnydaze05 Guest

MT

I agree Alba, we stayed there last July, and I can't complain about one thing....great beach, gorgeous hotel, gracious staff...we were booked to stay next week, but due to the hurricane, had to switch to Riviera Maya.
    I like the Miami Vice Drinks. We took $100 in ones, and tipped the wonderful staff! Our 19 year old daughter went with a group from the Hotel to Coco Bongo and had a ball...we preferred to hang out at the beach, and see Tulem, Xel Ha, and venture downtown. This hotel is great for all ages...really nice laid back atmosphere!

8. cancungirl

cancungirl Newbie Registered Member

student
    by far the best hotel ive stayed at so far in Cancun, service was EXCELLENT, food was soo good, they had so many things on the beach going on, the waitresses would come right up to you when your sun tanning and ask what you want to drink, it was beautiful. The beach was clean, i dont have one bad thing to say about that hotel.

9. Sunnydaze05

Sunnydaze05 Guest

Anyone know what the beach at the Melia is like after Wilma.....we usually go the last week in July and love this place....we understand they are re-opening June 30.....the Beach Palace and Avalon Grand are near, if anyone could help us know the beach condition. Thanks!

10. Cozmo

Cozmo Newbie Registered Member

Hi there! This is the first time I've been on here so hang with me I'm not even sure this is where I ask questions.. I'm planning a trip to Cancun and plan to stay at the Melia Turquesa. I've read so many mixed reviews, some fantastic some so awful I'm terrified. Also conflicting dates as to the status of the hotel after Wilma! Can someone whose impartial and has actually stayed there give me some advice? I dont want to go all the way down there and regret it! Thanks All!

11. whdream

whdream Guest

Well as per the conflicting reports on the hotel. .....

My parents stayed there last year (obviously pre wilma) Now keep in mind my mom is a picky picky person. And she loved this hotel. And has mentioend she prefered this one to the many 5 star hotels in the DR. She did like the food and loved the resort all around. Only issue was they had to wait forev er to get drinks at the bar. ( which isnt' an issue to me really.)

12. Sunnydaze05

Sunnydaze05 Guest

Cozmo

The Melia T. is always are first choice when we stay in Cancun....have not seen the beach since Wilma, so you might check with the locals, but last July is was gorgeous! The Worryfree travel sight is giving the reopening date of June 30, but this may be for that travel sight only. (They are a regional travel site from Dallas, Tulsa St Louis ect.).. The food is very good for an AI, and with a tip in hand, you will get the best drinks, with as much booze as you want. We take $100 in ones and tip because these folks are awesome! Ahhh I miss getting up at 7am, getting my fruit plate, walking the beach, and then at 10:eek:o hitting the bar!
    Try to go downtown by taxi at least one night and eat...I suggest La Parilla.

13. Cozmo

Cozmo Newbie Registered Member

Thanks for the replies! Does anyone know if its a bad idea to go in September? I've been to Cancun twice before but always during Spring Break. Now that I'm out of school I'm heading down in late Sept. Any advice?

14. Sunnydaze05

Sunnydaze05 Guest

If you go in Sept, just keep an eye out for hurricanes.. they track them many days out usually, ....might be a good idea to get trip insurance just in case......have a blast! Hopefully since Wilma, Cancun will Dodge them for many years to come!!!! They have had their share I think everyone will agree!!!!!

15. AlbaAngel18

AlbaAngel18 Guest

let me tell u , the melia is by far the nicest everrrrrr! i miss walkin up, opening the curtains and seeing the beautiful beach and pool... like i mentioned be4, the cordinators where great, i made friends with sum of them 2..just wonderful!!! im stayin at the grand real costa becuz the melia isnt available for us, but let me tell u that was my FIRST choice!!!!! cant wait!

16. Criegs

Criegs Newbie Registered Member

Firefighter
    Melia

I see that the Melia delayed the opening from July 06 until Sept 06. Anyone know any of the details?

Can anyone advise if the beach was apart of the recondition at this Hotel?

Thanks

17. Sunnydaze05

Sunnydaze05 Guest

Hey Criegs, yep, they keep pushing the opening of the Melia back, I am quite curious of how the beach is there myself......I used to love walking a mile in both directions, but not sure that is possible now....Would love to hear from anyone who knows the beach condition....its showing on Worryfree Vacations an opening in September, so this year I think we will stay at the RIU Caribe. :cool:

18. Criegs

Firefighter
    Thanks for responding, I just looked at the Riu Caribe on Trip Advisor looks alot like the Melia and the beach looks great.
    Have you stayed there before?
    Our group of 6 are planning to go back in Febuary 07. I know it's aways away, but I need an Alternate place in case the opening of the Melia keeps getting kicked out. Thanks again

19. Sunnydaze05

Sunnydaze05 Guest

A gal I know from class has stayed at the Caribe and loves it... my Travel Agent said that if we liked the Melia we would like the Caribe....the Shrimp Bucket is across the street too I think....a bonus!!! Look at the Caribe on the CC Hotel List, someone posted recent beach pics, and it looks great!!!

20. Criegs

Firefighter
    Sunnydaze05,
    Thanks for the info I'll take a look, I agree the Shrimp Bucket is a bonus.