ME Cancun

Discussion in 'Cancun Info' started by BostonJay, Sep 11, 2014.

1. BostonJay

BostonJay Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I was looking to possibly book this hotel but have some questions I was hoping someone could clear up for me. From the reviews I've read this place is great for younger people looking for a more party atmosphere (I'm 31 and my gf is 27). Most of the negatives for this place surround the constant up charging even though it advertises itself as an AI. My questions have to do with these up charges. Most of the gripes come from the pool charges. Do you have to rent a cabana at the adult pool even on weekdays/weekends? Do you have to get bottle service if you get a cabana? How much is it to upgrade to ME+ for a week? Is it worth it? Etc etc. Thanks for the help.

2. Cheers2US

Cheers2US Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +94 / 1
    Hi. My husband + I visited the ME in January. We are in our 40s. We felt the crowd was made up of mostly 20s and 30s. There were some older couples, too. You can rent a cabana. (Sorry I don't know the cost) We didn't so we reclined on available lounge chairs. (When we accidentally used a cabana, hotel staff quickly advised us these were reserved)

The resort is super-clean and beautiful. The staff is amazingly friendly. Wi-fi was free. I only wish it had more entertainment; some nights there was nothing at all going on.