New Sale Announced

Discussion in 'Temptation Cancun Resort' started by Len from the Floor, Jun 12, 2018.

1. Len from the Floor

Len from the Floor Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +288 / 1
    New Sale Announced.
    I received an email from the resort last night announcing a sale for stays through January 1st 2019, 50% off rooms, free one way transfer from airport to the hotel and an airfare credit of $150 for non-tower rooms or $200 for tower rooms. Minimum 4 night stay required. NOTE: To receive the air fare credit you MUST send them your airline reservation within 72 hours of making your room reservation.

Full details (with all the fine print) on how to take advantage of this sale can be found here: Air Ticket | Temptation Cancun Adults Only Resort

Premier Members are eligible for the airfare credit - you must call 1 855 556 1632, option 1 then 4.

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 12, 2018
  2. Jen&Kyle

Jen&Kyle I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +4,567 / 19
    To put this in context. I looked at dates for this deal and even with ‘50%’ off it was still 400+ for tower rooms and more than discount sites. So maybe it will beat some dates with the airfare credit thrown in but I would suggest still comparing to the discount sites and not trusting that this is a good deal for all scenarios. Definitely a pet peeve I have when they send out emails with 50% off and it is 50% off an inflated ‘rack rate’ that never really existed in the first place

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  3. Len from the Floor

Ratings:
    +288 / 1
    I did not compare the prices but I am not surprised to hear that the price is not attractive. However, this should be a savings to premier members, since they get member rates and the airfare credit. Also - it isn't clear if this applies to Referrals - if it does, they would get 25% of the "posted rate" plus the airfare credit.

4. Lindilou

Lindilou Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +312 / 1
    Thank you for the tip. Found the add on TTR's web page after I read your post. Called in today and was able to get $200 off our next trip in November plus a one way transfer.
    Keep these tips coming, we just love saving cash!
    Love this forum for a bunch of good reasons!
    :):)

5. LadynTramp

LadynTramp I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +363 / 5
    Call the resort!

Call the resort!

They definately are dealing! Dont let anyone tell you otherwise! Quite possibly the best deals are for repeat customers..........

Tell them you saw their promotion!

BTW.......Kyle is wrong...........just contact the resort! They are working deals!

• Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • List
    Last edited: Jun 14, 2018
  6. Jen&Kyle

Ratings:
    +4,567 / 19
    Not sure why I am engaging the queen/king of misinformation and hyperbole but ok. If I am wrong for suggesting ‘still comparing to the discount sites and not trusting that this is a good deal for all scenarios’ , note I say not always the best deal so simply compare. How about instead of spouting off you provide us a screenshot of the deal your got via the sale by calling the resort? Your best shot, best deal. A nice friendly challenge. I will then see what deal I can get for the same dates on discount sites. Also of course providing screen shots with actual proof instead of making wild inflammatory statements. Then we will not only see if he advertising is true (my main premise is it is not and is misleading) but we will also see whether the resort wins or a discount site. Do you accept my challenge? :)

• Like Like x 6
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  7. ThePutSluppies

ThePutSluppies Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +303 / 1
    I have to agree with you Kyle. The deals we found on Skoosh and prestigia blew the rates from TTR out of the water. I think we paid $2359 (two people) for 7 nights in the Bash Tower on prestigia and a friend of mine paid $1700 for 7 nights on Skoosh for one person in the Bash Tower as well. There may be better deals out there. I did a lot of research but never found anything even close. We started with hotelscombined.com and that directed us to Skoosh and prestigia.

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    • List
  8. JenNRich

JenNRich Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +485 / 1
    You sound like you could use a vacation Kyle!

9. Jen&Kyle

Ratings:
    +4,567 / 19
    Ha. Yes I do. But we leave for Greece (Mykonos, Santorini) tomorrow :) We will be in Florida in mid July by the way!

10. JenNRich

Ratings:
    +485 / 1
    The struggle is real! Which coast and dates? July schedule is pretty packed but possibly find some time! Headed back to TTR/Pearl Nov!

11. Jen&Kyle

Ratings:
    +4,567 / 19
    I don't want to get yelled out for off track again so PM'd you :)

• Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  12. JenNRich

Ratings:
    +485 / 1
    Ahh yes...sorry Steve! Thanks for the tip Len! I'll be calling for an airfare credit!

13. cnparda

cnparda Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +381 / 1
    So...Kyle is not wrong. over Xmas to New Years TTR inflated the room rate to 1265.00 per night, so they could pretend to give you 50% off. Straight up bullshit, and yes I called, and yes I booked because that is the only time I could go, and we love the place. That said we are downgrading from twice a year because the place is double the old price, especially on holidays.

14. Jen&Kyle

Ratings:
    +4,567 / 19
    Thanks yeah agree it sucks.

The interesting thing though is I would say discount sites would win all of the time if it wasn’t for times like around New Years. In situations like that, despite the resort jacking up the rack rate, I have found that is the only times where the resort wins as the rooms aren’t even available or are not discounted at all on the discount sites. So nye is the exception where despite the rate being jacked up the resort may beat the discount sites. And obviously it is the time when being a member helps the most (see I don’t always bash premier :) )

15. Len from the Floor

Ratings:
    +288 / 1
    @Jen&Kyle - actually, members rates do not apply during Xmas to NY week. At least as far as contracts purchased pre-reno. I am not sure if we even get a 25% discount off of rack rate during that period. I'll check my contract when I get a chance. I have no idea what the deal is for post reno contracts.

16. LadynTramp

LadynTramp I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +363 / 5
    Call the resort!

17. Jen&Kyle

Ratings:
    +4,567 / 19
    I have been told, again i am not a member, that you still get the % off the rack rate, just that the rack rate is higher than other times. The real advantage of a member, that i should of been clearer about above, is guaranteed availability during these busy times as long as you book up until a certain time in advance of the dates? Again, not a member, but what some members have shared with me over the years when trying to convince me to buy in.

18. Jen&Kyle

Ratings:
    +4,567 / 19
    does this mean you are declining my friendly challenge? :)

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  19. cnparda

cnparda Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +381 / 1
    We got 25% off for the NYE week but you would think the 50% would be a better deal..not so much. 50% is because the price miraculously went up 500 dollars per night, so our quote was before the increase.

• List
  20. FakeNewsTeam

FakeNewsTeam I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1,508 / 11
    Before I start, I apologize if I do not have all the facts exactly correct.
    At LAX waiting for flight home and need something to do...

Some say the word sale means nothing more than those whom paid full price are suckers!
    Of course now days everything always seems to be on sale...

This is an attempt to spur discussion and actually gain some information to hopefully reduce my ignorance and increase my knowledge.
    I am intrigued by the comments and methods, especially by Kyle whom is certainly aggressive in his quest for the best deals.
    This is NOT a debate on if or if not best to be or not be a member...that has been discussed and as I always say...different strokes for different folks...to each their own!
    We are members and book directly and then book our air travel and transfer.
    Our first stay before membership we used a travel site for a 5 day stay but do not recall the details.

You know the price fluctuations from day to day, week to week, based on which month,week, days you want to visit TTR is what bugs me more than anything.
    Wife checks often.
    I get the hi season/low season thing but this also changes from year to year... as in April 19 vs. April 18...high season rates extended another 2 weeks or so to catch the April Addicts!
    Seems like a cash grab but it is also a very busy time and as we all heard some waited too long to book and could not get it (yes even member friends) and others may have been turned away and offered other accommodations (not sure if this actually happened).

I am not sure if this had always been the case or is the new way and way of the future???

I do understand the “supply and demand” vs. availability vs. marketing/sales strategy.
    But it is almost like auto sales when the dealers jack up the price to give a huge discount.
    As several have stated, not always the best deal.

At some point in the last year someone told us that once the contracts expire with the discount hotel sites, they will not be renewed and the only way to book will be thru TTR (Originals by Premier).
    I know several (most???, especially non members) book through these sites as they are better deals and make the most sense.
    These sites buy rooms or guarantee to fill the rooms for the resort.
    Hence they can wheel and deal with packages that include airfare, etc.
    Again, do not know if this is true or fake news on the non renewal of discount site contracts.
    Has anyone else heard this or know anything about it?

Peace if I have offended anyone as it is not intentional.