Oasis Cancun **** AI

Discussion in 'Cancun Info' started by Steve, Jan 23, 2005.

1. theheadnurse38

theheadnurse38 Newbie Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    oasis cancun deposit

Can someone tell me on the Oasis Cancun hotel deposit, is it just for spring breakers or is it for everyone who stays at the hotel? I am staying there May 26-30, 2006 and I am just curious.

2. P H I L A D E L P H

P H I L A D E L P H Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Re: oasis cancun deposit

i am also curious about this? i heard you either have to give them $100 per person that you will get back if nothing is ruined or you give them $25 per person that you will not get back. i was wondering if this has to be in cash or can it be made by credit/debit? good question tho.

3. JAMAKINMECRAZZY

JAMAKINMECRAZZY Newbie Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    oasis cancun april 29-may 6th

i hear some good news from my travel agent. She told me they made a big huge deal with the people who are bringing the sand back to the beaches. That april 30th is the deadline for them to bring the beaches back to normal.. :cool:

4. Tdot-canada

Tdot-canada Newbie Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    does any have some update pics ??

5. mexicanwave

mexicanwave Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
  6. Renee- uk

Renee- uk Newbie Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I stayed in the oasis cancun last year in april! i thought it was amazing!
    Cancun was definatly the best holiday i have ever had! Last year i worked in greece and im doing the same this year but next year i was hoping to work in cancun! which would be fab! but well see. . . . . might get sick of all the sunshine, beaches and tanning . . . . or not!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    :D

7. ettenyl

ettenyl Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Re: oasis cancun deposit

As far as I know it was only for spring breakers, I have clients going in April and they're not required to pay that deposit, and they're under 25.

8. Lucifer

Lucifer Newbie Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    ROLL CALL

5 irresistable guys making a roll call to the ladies heading down
    to Oasis Cancun first week in May!!

9. xximpreza02xx

xximpreza02xx Newbie Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Oasis Palm Beach

Hi guys, I booked a week trip for the Oasis Palm Beach AI.......i see that I can go to the different Oasis resorts and that Oasis Cancun is the one to be at, just wondering if that is right? And also if anyone knows anything about Oasis Palm Beach let me know.....Thanks!

10. Lucifer

Lucifer Newbie Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Oasis vs. Grand Oasis May 2006

What you need to know:

If you stay at the Oasis, this is one of The places to be in Cancun - lots of people, lots of action, lots of college students - but the food is buffet style and everyone who has any taste buds will be complaining by the third meal.

They will give you a bracelet when you arrive and they check it to see what you've paid for. It may piss you off that the big pyramid hotel next door (Grand Oasis) is off limits, as well as the 6 or more restaurants the Grand Oasis patrons eat at (which in part of their all inclusive).

Also, if you're bringing someone home to pop like a lifesaver, security will notice they don't have a wrist band and will charge $50 US for you to bring them in. So take care of this in advance or see if you can haggle with him.

If you come home with a group (on the bus) security will close the doors and check one by one to make sure you have the proper bracelet. I found they were quite disrespectful to the people staying there - just b/c they're college students doesn't mean they didn't pay a lot to go on vacation.

They lobby bar here is a great place to pick up; it's packed just before everyone heads out.

How I know this:
    We went the first week in May 2006 and stayed at the Grand Oasis - which means access to everything, including the Oasis (obviously at a price).

11. PierreLambert

PierreLambert Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Going back january 5th , 2007. Somebody is going 2 ???

Can't w8 !

12. WolfCandy3x

WolfCandy3x Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Hey Pierre !

We'll be there from the 24th to the 31th with 6 other friends and then as soon as we arrive back in Montreal on NYE it's a sprint towards Bell Center for Celebration 2007 ( Rave ) Gonna be Awsome !

Candy and Wolf From Mtl :)

13. debba9802

debba9802 Newbie Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    The Oasis is absolutely disgusting. We were supposed to have "Grand" Oasis rooms but were put into building one (not sure what "phase") which they told us was also Grand Oasis. This was apparently a lie. I've now heard from other travelers that the outer buildings are actually the Oasis. Although, all 4 outer building are a disgrace - no matter what you want to call them.

There was water flooding the rooms/hallways, plumbing backed up from the toilets, smelly water leaking from the sinks and toilets, NO hot water and NO a/c when we got into our rooms.

The pics on the website were obviously taken a long time ago b/c this is what the property looked like Nov 1 - 6, 2006:

http://share.shutterfly.com/action/welcome?sid=8EaM3DJo4aN1Y
    [media=youtube]G8EBiMeeDHA[/media]
    [media=youtube]52Hht-2b1w8[/media]

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 10, 2017
  14. WolfCandy3x

WolfCandy3x Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Bahhhh,

Too late now ! lollll I booked this morning for The Oasis Cancun from Dec. 24th to the 31st.
    N'way between You and I, as long as we have a room to sleep, AI drinks and Food a hut on the beach would have been enough... It's Cancun ! lolllll

Plus, as the low price of 999.87 Tx Incl it's a steal from Montreal,Qc

Francis and Marianne

15. debba9802

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Francis and Marianne,
    Good luck! They couldn't PAY ME to go back there. I don't have many requirements besides a dry room with plumbing that functions - hot water is also a plus! Let me know how it goes.

Deb

16. WolfCandy3x

WolfCandy3x Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Hi Deb,

Wanna know what's bad about the situation... Once you clicked enter to reserve, you THEN get a
    message from the travel agency that they are renovating from Sept 04th to Dec 22nd...

We stayed at the El Pueblito 2 Years Ago, the reviews were sooo bad, I almost cancelled.
    I figured bahhh whats the worst that can happen? To my surprise the essentials were there...

The sound of the beach when you wake up is priceless... Can't wait to eear it again....

With the jackhammer playing percussion lolll I'll take fotos and video has well when we get there.

Beside, last time i complained to our travel agent, we each got 200$ back.. and that from a 599$ trip ! lollll

Francis

17. debba9802

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Hmm, they didn't seem to be very productive workers so I doubt they will be done with the construction only a month and a half after our trip. Maybe they are off for Feliz Navidad?

Sunday was the only day that I wasn't woken up by the noise. They were working right above my head (I was on the 3rd floor and the construction was on the 4th floor) and started very early in the morning.

We paid over $1000 for only 5 nights. We booked thru the hotel directly so I didn't have any luck getting a refund of any amount. I reported them to PROFECO though, a consumer agency in Mexico.

I hope that it doesn't rain while you are there - b/c when it rains outside, it also rains inside!

I look forward to seeing some pics from your trip!

18. WolfCandy3x

WolfCandy3x Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Hi Deb,

Just finished talking with the Rep. from SunQuest, and he tells me that if for any reason whats so ever, we are
    not confortable with that hotel, they will change us to any of the other Oasis in the same $$ group for free.

Oasis Palm
    Oasis Viva Cancun
    Oasis America

N'way, no use getting hearthburns over this lollll Not yet anyways loll

Francis and Marianne

19. debba9802

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Francis,
    That's good news. We had a really large group and they said they were only able to move some people to the Oasis Playa. That was the only option they gave our group. The rest of us were stuck in the dump. :(

20. debba9802

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Btw, I stayed at the Viva in 2001 when it was Calinda Viva and didn't have any problems there. I don't know how it is now that it's been taken over by the Oasis group though.

Deb