Reserving seats at the sexy pool - a poll.

Discussion in 'Temptation Cancun Resort' started by Len from the Floor, Dec 7, 2017.

?

Why do you reserve a chair(s) at the sexy pool?

1. I like to sit in a specific area at the pool

20 vote(s)
    18.7%
  2. I don't care where I sit, but I want to be assurred I have a seat

30 vote(s)
    28.0%
  3. The only reason I reserve a seat is to have some place to put my "stuff"

28 vote(s)
    26.2%
  4. I never reserve a seat at the pool

29 vote(s)
    27.1%
  1. Len from the Floor

Len from the Floor Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +248 / 1
    Now that the resort is more full than it was when it first reopened, the "reserve a chair at the pool" issue seems to be coming up again. I am curious to know why people reserve (or do not reserve) a chair - perhaps with a lot of responses there might be a suggestion that could be made.

In particular, I wonder if adding small lockers somewhere in the pool area would be helpful. Let's see how many people pick option #3.

If I missed a reason, please feel free to add your thoughts in the comments.

This thread is NOT meant to re-ignite the conversation on this topic - there are already plenty of threads or parts of threads for that. I am simply trying to gather information that might be helpful to present to the hotel with a reasonable solution that might solve the problem.

2. BigPapaPuff

BigPapaPuff Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +116 / 0
    Small lockers would be great! If you're just planning on being in the pool it would make more room for people who want to lay out.

Last edited: Dec 7, 2017
  3. Bryan21178

Bryan21178 Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +141 / 1
    Small lockers would be awesome!!! I never have a place to throw some stuff without going all the way back to the room

4. ScubaSteve

ScubaSteve CCC's The Dude Registered Member

Ratings:
    +2,564 / 10
    I don't know if I would necessarily say "lockers" and give it that public pool feel. But maybe just some shelving or a cubby type area where you can throw some stuff. I normally just toss flip flops and a tank top somewhere, and Elyse does the same. Don't really need chairs, cause we never sit, but can't just leave our stuff lying on the ground somewhere either.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  5. Stacia_and_John

Stacia_and_John T&A Tour Guide Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1,322 / 7
    I truly do not understand "why" people think they are entitled to reserve a chair in the first place.

6. smith.s and d

smith.s and d Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +39 / 0
    Some type of storage, I do lose lots of things throughout the day...

7. RandAsexy

RandAsexy Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +111 / 0
    We see someone we might want to meet and walk up, introduce ourselves and ask if we can put our stuff under their chair. We have never been turned down and usually we have a new friend to sit with.;)

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • List
  8. Jen&Kyle

Jen&Kyle I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +4,140 / 18
    Re storage. Something like this which they have at Desire Pearl would be perfect. Could be next to the staff storage area down below the ramp...

Desire pearl storage by Jen&Kyle posted Dec 8, 2017 at 8:39 AM

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 2
    • List
  9. Garry n Jo

Garry n Jo Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +361 / 2
    No need for a chair near the sext pool. If you need a chair go to the ouiet pool.

10. Garry n Jo

Ratings:
    +361 / 2
    I don't care when I put my sandles or shirt my ass is getting in the pool ASAP! I will throw my crap on the lawn some place.

11. Jason and Debi NV

Jason and Debi NV Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +308 / 1
    The wife burns easy so shade is important to her survival for the time there. Getting burnt is no fun when outside all those days. So we look for umbrella or some other shade and seats there.

12. Jen&Kyle

Jen&Kyle I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +4,140 / 18
    You have to sit at some point right? Usually by the end of a trip to TTR what hurts most are my legs due to standing in the pool for hours, dancing at patty o’s / Bash for hours, doing my husbandly duty for hours ... I need some chill time in the chair simply enjoying the sites and watching the entertainment

13. ScubaSteve

ScubaSteve CCC's The Dude Registered Member

Ratings:
    +2,564 / 10
    If I'm going to sit, you better believe it's on a bar stool.

14. DannKathy

DannKathy Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +86 / 1
    damn I wish I still had your youthful energy! Us old farts have to pace ourselves

15. Stacia_and_John

Stacia_and_John T&A Tour Guide Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1,322 / 7
    I noticed that nobody's really posted a good reason why they feel like they need to reserve a seat.

Here's the type that REALLY gets me.

Cool, fun people show up at TTR, Boobs Cruised booked. The day of the Boobs Cruise, they get up, get breakfast (very smart) head down to the pool, drop a towl on a chair so they'll have a spot when they get back from the Boobs Cruise, and they head off to meet Steve. They pays their money, go down the dock, and enjoy having Chinos make fun of everyone for six hours or so while getting drunken and drunkenly kissed on, joked with, perhaps groped and other things, all while drinking more than they thought they could actually swallow.

Then they stumble back onto the dock, walk up the pier, back up the beach and crash into the Sexy Pool and re-energize the party!

All of that is awesome.

But, why'd they need to drop a towel on a set when they were going to be gone 6 hours or so? Beats me. They generally forget they even did it, so a seat can go wasted all day if nobody caught on when they went off to the BC.

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  16. Cortus

Cortus Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +125 / 0
    Well, we have never really had an issue with chairs or what not since we usually put our stuff in the Premier Member area. It doesn't seem to be that far from the Sexy Pool anyways. I have heard people comment and actually get pissed that all the chairs around the Sexy Pool are taken before 8am sometimes.

17. Trish

Trish I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +275 / 2
    I don't have a problem with 'borrowing' seats if it just has a neatly folded towel on it, particularly if it's got to afternoon time. If people's stuff is spread around, then of course I'll leave it be. In 8 trips I've only twice found people who had a problem with this when they returned from wherever they've been all day and found me sitting on their reserved chair.

18. lochnavar

lochnavar Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +305 / 4
    I think we need to do this more! Lol... Have never liked to before... However, seeing many, many chairs reserved from early on and not, or barely used.... !!!!

Being from a cool/cold country, I need my bit of sun in the morning before joining the sexy pool later on for the activities! If for not for anything else.... people here would ask - so you've just been to cancun, and are whiter than before you left???!!!! Lol....

The only time I did get pi**ed off was on our last day... finally found two sun beds together!!! Sun umbrellas up all around and wanted some sun... Being polite and British, I asked the person next to us, do you mind if I put this down... she said, actually yes, because of the sun. Despite the fact that putting it down would have absolutely no affect on her, only on us, due to the angle of the sun!

Seriously! Who comes to Temptation, to sit in the shade, reading a book at the sexy pool????????

19. Garry n Jo

Ratings:
    +361 / 2
    I think this is the funniest topic. My wife will tell me she is going down to get a chair. I tell her to only get one beceause I will not be needing one my ass is in the pool.

20. cnparda

cnparda Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +272 / 1
    We have some friends there now, we have asked for them to reserve a chair for us. We arrive on sat.

• Funny Funny x 9
    • Like Like x 3
    • List