Temptations vs Golden Parnasuss (farmy's opinion)

Discussion in 'Golden Parnassus' started by farmymg, Jun 7, 2011.

1. MichiganCity2

MichiganCity2 Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Ok....... I think mayber your winning so far...... but..... We love to take long walks on the beach and the beach and the walk towards town on the beach is not that great... in fact it sucks..... I'm guessing long walks on the GP beach and adjoining beaches are much better. We like to do 3 to 4 mile every morning after breakfast... ( so we don't feel guilty drinking all day) and at Temptation we had to do it out front on the sidewalk. And we will admit that it wasn't that bad... lots of iguanas to admire along the way....... but your still sucking down vehicle exchaust fumes all along the way..... we never did make it all the way to town but I think we got close...... Another thing that bugs us at Tempation is the full court press on joining the ( premier) group so you get " perks " while at the resort.....it's sad to hear from people who has joined it ( for thousands) and then trying to figure out how to pay for it later... They get you drunk and then pressure you......not cool. But we will admit it is a nice resort it just needs more nightly things to do...... ( back to you ) :)

2. StaceyChris

StaceyChris Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Good review!!! Never been to GP. Dont think we really need to! We fell in love with Temptations the very first time there. Which was feb 2011. Second trip oct 2011. We leave in 17 days to go back again!!! I think that kinda says in all! Temptations RESORT & SPA CANCUN hands down Our favorite place in the world!!!

3. thehotspot

thehotspot Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    If you like to walk on the beach GP is your place. You can walk on awsome white fine sand as far as the eye can see. My wife enjoyed that and would take walks everyday because it was so nice.
    We own a time share out in Vegas and trust us when we say we know about the strong arm sales that some of the resorts do. I don't know if you have been strong armed at GP but they do that also to get you packages at their Golden and Grand resorts.
    Just say NO and continue your vacation, they go away after a while.

4. MichiganCity2

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Ahh the beach sounds nice.... and your wife walked it alone? My wife would not feel comfortable walking it alone at Temptation. It get's a bit iffy further on down the beach. We have been pressured in Vegas for time shares. ( Flamingo Hilton) They do put on the pressure when you say no...as they do at Temptation. It's a little troublesome that they try to make 2 different class of guests. For example we were lounging in the quiet pool at Temptation next to a small group of nice people. When there beer glass's were empty someone would show up with a different brand of beer and fill their glass where ever they were.....They would tell us oh yeah this beer is much better than the resort beer. We would just mumble to ourselves wonder how many thousands that beer cost them...and then we would stroll across the pool and get our fresh drink....ahh exercise and $ savings.......

5. thehotspot

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Very safe! Yes she walked alone. The beach in the GP area is very safe and has a ton of top notch resorts and their staff taking care of them, the resorts actually rake the sea weed that washed up over night and dig a whole and hide it.
    We drink rum and diet and always have well rum when we go out so we will be unaffected by the contrast. Premium is over rated.

6. MichiganCity2

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    One of our favorite sports....... get down to the beach early and watch the guys raking the seaweed.....always wished I had it back at home, would make a good compost pile. Surprised they don't compost it themselves for the beautiful gardens alot of resorts have. We found a good rum at Temptation last year... I think it was called anos something.....found it our last day at the resort so drank as many dt.coke and rums as we could.

7. kjfin

kjfin Newbie Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Do they play music by the pool during the day, and if so, what style of music do they normally play?

8. thehotspot

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    They have a dj or ipod that plays lots of Mexican salsa stuff (like in a Mexican resturant) mixed with 80 90's rock when we were there. Not a lot of techno like at Temptations. They may let you plug your Ipod in but we never asked, music did not seam a priority for them.

9. callitintheair

callitintheair Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    They let you plug your ipod in at the tiki bar. Some of the best times we had were hanging out at the tiki bar, listening to music and talking with people late in the afternoon after a full day at the beach/pool.

10. MichiganCity2

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Not alot of techno................ Now that's a plus for us........sounding better and better.....

11. Little Rain

Little Rain Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Little Rain

I have been to Golden 2 times and have walked the beach at least 2 hours each day. I went with a friend to celebrate our birthday's in Nov and we walked back from the Great P after dinner and felt very comfortable at any time of day. The beach at Gp beats the one at TTR any day. We also went topless on the beach at GP and didn't have any stares. I think it depends on who is there whether it's considered out of the ordinary or not. Heading to TTR in 2012 for a change.

12. MichiganCity2

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Well now your talking we love to walk the beach....... we don't walk it at Temptation for obvious reasons.....however we love to walk the sidewak out front.....and never have had any problems......ok may an iquana ran out in front of us a couple times.. ... How far is the grand from the golden.....beachwise? We do like Temptation but the crowd is mostly younger look at me types......which is ok for looking but not always for socializing.....just depends on the week I think....also we llike to sit in a hot tub late at night and watch the stars and relax before turning in...... not possible at Temptation.......any other info or tips on Golden would be much appreciated... thanks ....

13. Jamie

Jamie Mayor of Temptation Registered Member

Ratings:
    +91 / 3
    :) You'd be surprised at the age of the crowd around you... just sayin' ;) We just act like the younger types....

Jamie

14. MichiganCity2

Ratings:
    +0 / 0

Jamie if you and your lovely wife were going to be there in June that would be enough to persuade us to go to Tempation......:daveandmo:

15. newcouple

newcouple Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Thank you so much, farmymg, for your very detailed comparison!! As much as I would've liked to give Temptations a try, my hubby wasn't as keen on the idea! lol We are booked for GP in July and looking forward to it!!

16. chiccouplexx

chiccouplexx Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    At GP, is the pool topless or just the Beach? Would a micro mesh thong be ok at the GP pool and or beach? Are there other topless resorts in or near Cancun?

17. kyfuncpl5568

kyfuncpl5568 Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Well written, Thx for the info

18. LeeAnn & Gary

LeeAnn & Gary Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +8 / 0
    We've been to both. We prefer Temptation over GP for several reasons. First is the party atmosphere, second the food is better, third we found the people to be more personable and friendly. I found GP to be just TOO quiet for me. The beach is really pretty if you're a beach person. However, the entertainment there is almost none existent. If you like peace and quiet than this place is for you.

19. marshe

marshe The Original Hottie and Hellraiser Registered Member

when not on vacation, home based 25 mns from Toron
    Ratings:
    +707 / 4
    One of the best threads on CCC. The Great Debate continues!!!

Kudos to Farmymg for starting it and articulating in such a comprehensive, yet concise manner. Moreover evryone else has contributed thoughtfull, informative opinionsm. Very enjoyable read.

We have been to both, albeit, just once to GP. Didn't care for the ent. or ent staff. Daytme activities very poor. Night time worse. Found ourselves at the Hard Rock Cafe every night, even after stating we would stay at the hotel tonite, and yet it was so brutally boring that we'd be in a cab by 10:00.

Luved TTR from the 2nd day and been back 8 times. Still go to Hard Rock, cuz it is old home to us with the HRC staff, all due to that GP trip 5 yrs ag. But now its becuz. we want to go and not due to boredom.
    Most trips over 50% of TTR are multi time repeaters which speaks for it self. Not sure if the repeat level is the same at GP.
    TTR all the way for us.

20. Partydollgirl

Partydollgirl I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    last April we did 10 day at ttr then went to GP for 4 .. we really like it for that purpose.. we found to food to be good change after ttr for 10 days, didnt care at all about the activities and found GP to be a great place to rest and relax before going home.. I am hoping we do the same April 2013.. I loved the beach at GP