TTR or GOV for first trip?

Discussion in 'Grand Oasis Viva' started by hotbath1962, Apr 9, 2014.

1. hotbath1962

hotbath1962 Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I'm stuck on which resort to book for late July. Prices from the UK are similar. The beach at GOV looks nicer than TTR but there's some really dreadful reports on TripAdvisor, like not being able to have the room you paid for and poor food.

Can anyone who's been to both advise? We're not the greatest of party creatures but happy to go with the flow at either place, esp after a few drinks.

Have also looked at Melia Me but the price for that has gone way up this month and is too much £!

Thanks!:flaguk:

2. Jamie

Jamie Mayor of Temptation Registered Member

Ratings:
    +229 / 3
    Haven't been to the GOV yet but here's my perspective on what I've seen from the reports.

GOV has the nicer beach but you don't go to TTR for the beach. :)

Both are adults only venues with sexy vibes.

TTR is like a University Frat Party where the GOV is a more laid back version.

One parties all the time, the other parties more in the evenings.

So it depends if you want to party like you are 20 again or 40 again. Both are good parties, it's just what you are in the mood for.

Both have their pluses and minuses.

But in the GOV's defense I'm sure whatever growing pains they are having during the conversion will be more than worked out by July or you will see a lot of cancelations on the horizon. Folks are giving them the benefit of the doubt for the first 6 to 9 months but after that the "We're changing" excuse will start to grind on people too much.

So pick your party version and have a great vacation!

Jamie

3. tonkatruck

tonkatruck Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    We haven't gone to GOV, and I have a feeling we probably won't.
    TTR has it all and so much more. Especially late July. The hotel is at 100% capacity. People flock there year after year after year at that exact time !!!
    I wouldn't worry about what room you are assigned. Just pay for the basic room, called Gardenview. Sometimes you end up getting the ocean!
    Oceanview isn't worth it. You aren't in the room enough anyway.
    The food is the same all over, it's not bad but not amazing.
    Lots of people from the UK will be there the end of July. For sure.
    TTR has everything set in motion, whereas GOV is just starting.
    I say start at TTR and go on a day trip over to GOV!!
    Good luck :ernaehrung015:

4. Jamie

Jamie Mayor of Temptation Registered Member

Ratings:
    +229 / 3
    Oh.. and for those that are wondering... I'm still mentally in my 20's, haven't reached my 40's yet. :)

I still laugh at fart jokes.

Maybe someday. ;) There's always hope.

Jamie

5. Guest

Guest Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Temptation is fun but - it's not luxury. Food is average to ok, rooms are lacking IMO. The staff and atmopshere make it worth the trip. We have only been once but I can honestly say I see why people go time and time again.

We toured GOV and it definitely is more luxurious/elegant, WAYYY better beach.

Our plan was to go to GOV this upcoming December - and that's still tentative but we will be back at TTR with friends if GOV party atmosphere doesn't improve by then.

6. Atlantasweetie

Atlantasweetie Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    We are going to both resorts in May. 6 nights at TTR and 3 nights at GOV to try it out. We went to TTR last year and had a blast but wanted to check out GOV for future options. Hoping for a fabulous vacation! :icon_cool:

7. beachcpl4fun

beachcpl4fun Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +10 / 0
    Jamie gave a good summary. Overall, I prefer TTR for both food and party. Although I liked the shows at GOV at night, I missed the sexy shows at TTR. I will probably join the many that use GOV as a couple day chill-out after TTR partying.

8. Western Iowa Traveler

Western Iowa Traveler Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +10 / 0
    Having been to both, I really don't think I could pick one over the other. So much of what you experience at both places is going to be the group of people who are there when you are. It can be hit or miss at both places. As for GOV being fancier... I really wouldn't say that, I think they are both nice places. We had an awesome time at both places and would go back to both in a heart beat. As for anyone's opinion from Cancuncare which is better, you have to remember that you are getting an opinion. No ones taste is going to be exactly the same. My suggestion would be if you have the chance take a trip to both and form your own opinion. If you don't have the chance, flip a coin, don't think you can go wrong. Just remember, where ever you go, have an open mind about people, be willing to say hi to random folks, and most importantly have fun! Don't sweat the small stuff, it is vacation, enjoy it!

9. crissynchris

crissynchris Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +17 / 0
    I agree with the others who suggest trying both for yourself and make your own opinion. We have been to both and had fun at both but, for us, we had WAY more fun at GOV.

10. Jandbex

Jandbex Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Do both. 80/20 split between Temptation and GOV. Spend at least 80% of time in TTR

11. Bryan21178

Bryan21178 Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +127 / 1
    From everything I read if you are the bring the party with you the Viva the way to go but if you want the party to come to you go to TTR

12. solsticeSassy

solsticeSassy Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +398 / 1
    Been to both a few weeks ago. The big difference you can walk in at Temptation anytime and you will have a great time and meet fun people. Viva if you go as a group you will have fun but the same is true if you go as a groupe to the holiday in you will have fun. GOV was very boring and no real adult sexy vibe. We spent a week at Temptation then paid for 4 days at GOV and left after 1.5 days and returned to Temptation. It is sad when we talked to the entertaining staff at GOV and they think they are doing a good job. Their entertainment is about the same as you would get at a family resort. We could not stay there one more minute. This mistake cost us a 1000$ but staying there was going to frustrate us and a frustrated wife priceless hahahahhahah go to gov if you want to relax

13. ROB:)MEL:)

ROB:)MEL:) Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Getting way too $$$

We haven't been to gov, but have been to Temptations on a few trips, love it, but have seen the cost there increase by almost 70% from three years ago. It's fun, but not worth the asking price now. I hear gov is a snore, lol compared to Temptations which is fun.
    But we can do two vacations for the price of one to Temptations. It's good, but not that good that they can increase cost like that. But demand is demand and it's the only resort that offers what we're looking for which is fun and open minded without the orgy atmosphere.
    Our cost from Canada 2012 was $1160.00/ per person
    Just finished searching for winter 2015, cheapest $1800.00/ per person
    It's not worth $1800.
    There are nicer resorts with better scenery and beaches for that kind of cash
    Well miss it, but time to move on.