Under the Weather trip report (Apr 19-28)

Discussion in 'Temptation Cancun Reviews' started by Ali & Andrew, May 5, 2014.

1. Ali & Andrew

Ali & Andrew I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +57 / 1
    I was sick less than 3 days in so I don't think I got it at the resort either. Who knows where, work, plane, some public place....

2. Donald

Donald Devil's advocate Registered Member

Ratings:
    +162 / 0
    the symptoms were mysteriously similar

3. deb3667

deb3667 Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +28 / 0
    Sorry to hear you all were sick! I had the normal sore throat stuff I get there all the time. I took a lot of airborne. Planes, and all you never know.

4. phunincanada

phunincanada Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I still cannot believe I didn't get sick.....and I kissed and hung around with y'all! LOL. I think all of the alcohol I consumed killed any infection that may have been trying to attack me. I'm glad to hear everyone is now feeling better.

5. Trav1

Trav1 Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +25 / 0
    Sadly, me, and my 2 friends did get sick with the same symptoms as you describe Ali & Andrew/Donald and we visited 29th May - 12th June. Upper respiritory symproms, coughs etc. Mine has been bad, so much so i had to go to the Doctor and he's now prescirbed Doxycycline (anti-biotics) to treat the Chest Infection as have my friends. Who knows what caused it but out of our party of 5, 3 of us got it.

6. Donald

Ratings:
    +162 / 0

my doctor says it was probably a virus and not much \i could do about it. Why the randomnon of it ???? maybe being exposed to a similar virus earlier in you r life could reduce the risks ??

CSI team never reported back :)

7. Trav1

Trav1 Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +25 / 0
    Who knows, lets just say i'm STILL recovering now and have 2 days left to go on the anti-bitoics.... Has it put me off returning to TTR...?? HELL NO! Already planning the next trip. Just really hope, it's 3rd time lucky and we return with no viruses/coughs/sickness etc!

Damn that CSI team, don't they know who we are!? :)

8. JackMight

JackMight Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    On our trip I was sick with a sore throat and unwell. I think the drinking cups are just wiped and reused over and over again and maybe that's were I got it. My wife didn't get it so we mustn't of kissed enough! ;)

9. Donald

Ratings:
    +162 / 0
    Most regulars know about the cup thing,, you just have to stand at the pool bars and watch the double dunk tank system,,, we all bring our own cups/Bubba mugs.

I,m also a firm believer in bringing a can of Lysol and spraying down the ac vents /curtains every day.

Planes are also a breeding ground for germs , as they are never cleaned ,and the air is recirculated a lot .

Eat well ,oranges /vitaman C,, and build up your pro-biotics 2 weeks before going . ( they ussually die the first day with all the tequila shots , so keep re-building)