Welcome to Scott Bulger Photography - sponsors of this forum

Discussion in 'Cancun Info' started by Steve, Jun 15, 2006.

1. Steve

Steve Administrator Owner

We would like to welcome Scott Bulger Photography as the newest sponsor to our web site. Many of you have seen the photographs that Scott has posted on our site and would agree that he is a welcome addition.

Scott has been selling photographs for nearly 30 years, and has had a book of black and white photography from Mexico entitled "A Portrait of the Yucatan" published.

Scott's book Portrait of the Yucatan is available from Amazon.com via this link.

He would be happy to answer any photography related questions you might have.

Here's a few examples of Scott's great photographs.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Michael F.

Michael F. Moderator/1st CC Member Registered Member

Caring for my newborn!
    Thank you, Scott!

3. DeniseO

DeniseO Guest

The third picture has such amazing colors...Absoutely beautiful!!!

4. lambert13

lambert13 Guest

Thanks for supporting the forum Scott.

Also wanted to say that Scott's book that Steve mentioned is very good. I bought a copy through the link in Scott's signature and was overly pleased with the book. The photos in the book were wonderful and the short descriptive insights with the photos were awesome.

5. EngineerGuy

EngineerGuy I can choose my own title Registered Member

Sr. Product Development Engineer
    Home Page:
  6. Scott in NH

Scott in NH Guest

Thanks everybody. This is a great site and I would just like to contribute whatever I can to hopefully make it better.

If anyone has any photography related questions, feel free to ask.

I will periodically be posting photographic journals of my travels in Mexico. I hope you all enjoy it.

If anyone has any other ideas they would like to see, please let me know.

7. Sharon&Bob

Sharon&Bob Newbie Registered Member

Teacher and Marketing
    Love them

Again, can't get over how poignant some of the photographs of the children are...my husband and I always argue over who has"camera responsibility" ...maybe I have inspired!

8. Scott in NH

Scott in NH Guest

One of the keys to photographing children is to do it from their eye level. It will require you to squat down, but the difference it makes in the image is tremendous. You see them eye to eye, as equals, as opposed to looking down on them from above, which can cause strange angles and a sometimes unintended appearance of inferiority.

9. Sharon&Bob

Sharon&Bob Newbie Registered Member

Teacher and Marketing
    Thanks for the advise. I just have a run of the mill digital and regular 35mm camera. I think I'll practice a little before the trip.

10. Scott in NH

Scott in NH Guest

Don't get hung up on the equipment. It's your eye that will make the difference. Cameras have no control over the composition of the image, and that is where the strength lies.

11. CancunCanuck

CancunCanuck Guest

What a perfect addition to the site, Scott is definitely an asset and an expert on the topic at hand. Love his pics, the quality, the artistic nature and the subjects are extraordinary. Thanks for all your contributions Scott!

12. Klaw

Klaw Guest

Scott,

Your pictures never cease to amaze me. They are truly breathtaking.

I look forward to seeing many many many many many many more..get the hint??? :wink: :wink:

Karan

13. sheriandbob

sheriandbob Newbie Registered Member

Absolutely beautiful. Ty so much for sharing.

14. Shiela

Shiela Guest

Thanks, Scott!!! Pictures are awesome!!! Can't wait to see more!

15. Mikey

Mikey Guest

I have taken some good pictures in my lifetime but never like the ones above.

Would you agree with me that besides the pictures that you set up that some of the other best pictures are the spur of the moment type

16. Scott in NH

Scott in NH Guest

Personally, I believe that most of the best images are spur of the moment. I very rarely will shoot a posed photograph. Even when hired to do a portrait sitting, they are very rarely sitting. I prefer to watch the subject participate in something that they enjoy and shoot more candid photos. I feel that much more of the subjects personality comes through that way. Plus, I'm a big fan of natural lighting. The photograph at the top of the page of the little Mayan girl with the Coke bottle was completely candid, I was just walking by and saw her there, spun around and fired off one shot, and then showed the image to her mother, and asked permission to keep it. When she said yes, I gave her a few pesos and a ten peso coin to the girl, and went on my way. Many people have thought that it was a set up image, but it really was spur of the moment, just a single frame.

17. woohoo!! ty for helping out here Scott!

18. HammieJ

HammieJ I can choose my own title Registered Member

Wife, Mommy, Photographer, Zumba Instructor, and "
    Re: Welcome to Scott Bulger Photography - sponsors of this f

where is that picture taken with the rocks? the very first one with the palapas?

19. Scott in NH

Scott in NH Guest

The photo with the palapas and the rocks as taken at Xcaret.