Whatever you do, do NOT leave hotel zone ALONE.

Discussion in 'Cancun Info' started by lets_party, Jun 8, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lets_party

lets_party Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    We just came back safe and sound from Cancun yesterday. It was three of us, three sinlge guys. To cut long story short, on Saturday night two of us made new lady friends and one of our friend was left alone. So, we told our friend to stay in hotel zone and NOT do anything stupid.

Our newly met lady friends took off around 2 in morning and we tried getting hold of our third friend but he couldn't be found. His cell was turned off. We thought he would call back and we went to bed.

On Sunday morning, we got a call from front lobby that our friend is in Jail for engaging in sexual act with minor. He was way outside of hotel zone and was somewhere in rural Cancun area where no tourists go.

Anyways, we went to jail to see him on Sunday morning and came to find out this has potential to be worst if he gets to proven guilty, he could spend years in Mexico jail. We literally spent half day at jail with expedia English translator, US Councel representative and local lawyer. We came back to Jail next day to give him food because they don't provide food there.

Mexican authority were going to conduct some lab tests and based on tests they would determine whether our friend was innocent or guilty. Our friend told us that he didn't do anything illegal, he was hanging outside of downtown Cancun with other person (who happens to be minor) and cops came by and arrested him. I don't know facts but he said that cops took his money.

Anyways, he spent 48 hours in prison and he was released on Wednesday morning. He came back to hotel safe but his money was gone.

To cut it short folks, do not ever go outside of tourist zone alone. No matter what!! I don't know whether our friend did something wrong or not (he is saying he didn't do anything but why would police arrest him for hanging there), but he had no business being outside of tourist area on Saturday morning. We were glad he came out in 48 hours, just imagine if he was still there what his family members would go through. His brother had flights on stand by if he were to stay in prison for more than 48 hours.

Just take it as advice, I don't want to see any other tourist having ruined their vacation. Our vacation was ruined because we spend well part of 3 days being worried about our friend. Even after he was released, we didn't leave hotel and couldn't get over what happened.

We been to Cancun 7 times in 3 years, but hate to say this would be our last trip there. But whoever gets to read this, folks please stay safe. Just because you are outside of US, you don't have to act tough or stupid.

Peace Out

2. Steve

Steve Administrator Owner

Ratings:
    +1,956 / 12
    I guess we'll never know all the facts on this one but;

To be honest that is truly ridiculous advice.

I've lived downtown for 8 years and never once been arrested or jailed. I have a ton of expat friends who have also lived downtown for years and none of them have ever been arrested or jailed and we are just as white and Gringo as you and your friends are and most of us visit downtown bars and clubs regularly.

He has to have done something stupid, surely.

3. lets_party

lets_party Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Don't know what he has done Steve. We asked him many times, he said he was walking from one club to another outside of downtown Cancun and cops came by and threw lights at his face and put him in truck. They drove him around for few hours then put him in jail.

What pissed me off the most was one cop, one lab guy took my friend to the lab for some tests and when they came back, my friend was in tears but both cops and lab guys were speaking in spanish and laughing funny at him.

To some downtown Cancun or outside tourist zone is home while for true tourists it's outside of safe zone and I wouldn't risk going there again especially after what happned to my friend. Furthermore, if he has done something stupid like engaged in sex act with minor, lab tests would have proven otherwise but he was released after 48 hours.

Better be safe than sorry, avoid Cancun altogether in my opinion. ;)

4. ToriB

ToriB Cancuncare Sun Care Advisor Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Let_Party... isn't this the second crisis your friends have gotten into in the last year? First outside Coco Bongo, now this. I work in a hotel, live downtown, party in the hotel zone and downtown, and have NEVER heard stories from tourist like yours. Either you guys have bad luck and no matter where you go you will have the same problems; or you make stupid decisions and will always have the same results.

5. Cancun Fun

Cancun Fun Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Is this the guy from Kentucky?

6. Cancun Fun

Cancun Fun Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
  7. Cancun Fun

Cancun Fun Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I would advise everyone to NOT engage in sexual acts with minors or anyone else for that matter out on the sidewalk of ANY city in the world!

8. rawkus

rawkus I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Do the same in any Swedish suburb and you run the risk of getting arrested, same goes for Australia or any other country I have ever lived in or visited.

The key phrase is: Use common sense!!

Id love to ask your friend if he would do the same back home, wherever that is, and if thats legal and accepted.

9. gbchayctca

gbchayctca Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    That sounds like it must be the same guy! If this indeed is him, your friend is lying to you. Av Yaxchilan is smack dab in the middle of downtown and plenty of tourists go there.

If I were a dude and got caught doing this, I SURELY would not tell my friends what a perv (in fact, pedophile) I am! Don't blame Cancun, blame your friend that was in a compromising enough position that they suspected that he was having sex with a child. Underage prostitution is a huge issue in Cancun...I don't know why it'd piss you off that they were laughing. I'd probably laugh at someone that dumb and drunk too.

10. lets_party

lets_party Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Yeap that is him. Funny, it is all over internet. I will share that post to each of my friends so we all stay away from him going forward. I didn't know he swings other way until this trip. We're done hanging with him. For what's it worth, he got a lady friend back home (go figure!!). He's from Kentucky, we're from TN.

Tori -- it was pure bad luck. This guy is dumb and he do stupid things. I been there 7 times and never been into any sort of trouble. For being a good friend, we were looking out for him but it upsets and stress someone out if this happens on a trip. He's still saying that he is innocent. Who knows. I don't care. He must have done something to be in this situation though.

11. Steve

Ratings:
    +1,956 / 12
    Another link (in English)
    Mexico and Gulf Region Reporter: Kentucky tourist in CancĂșn police custody for street sex with 15 year old Mexican boy

So, this guy did do something stupid. No wonder he wouldn't admit it to his friends. I'm not surprised he had his money stolen by the Police, but that was probably a small price to pay. It could, and possibly should, have turned out a whole lot worse.

Yaxchillan Ave is far from being in the depths of Cancun where no tourist would ever go, and many of us regularly go there with no problems.

I tell you what. If you do come back to Cancun, next time you are here let me know and I will personally show you around Yaxchillan at night and you'll see that there is absolutely nothing at all to be scared of - providing you are sensible and don't break the law.

12. lets_party

lets_party Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Alright Steve, appreciate that and it would be nice to meet face to face sometimes :beer4:

Sorry for giving out bad words without knowing truth behind it. Now I know why he wouldn't tell us everything. When he was talking to lawyers, he asked us to step out so we won't listen. I asked him why, he said he was ashamed. I still don't buy it.

He is sticking with his point that if he was indeed caught having oral sex with minor, why would he get out in 48 hours? I bet he didn't climate that's why lab tests didn't find any evidence in minor's mouth. But expedia agent also told me that minor said same story that they didn't do anything.

Regardless, I agree that he paid too little of a price for such a huge mistake. But, he lost some good friends and everyone in our circle knows about what he did including his lady friend. PREV!!

13. Steve

Ratings:
    +1,956 / 12
    I'm no expert but I guess they took swabs from the various parts of anatomy involved and didn't find any of the other persons DNA, and the case would be unproven. Even in Mexico evidence is required.... sometimes.

He would, wouldnt he :)

14. lets_party

lets_party Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    ha! sure he would :) Just hurts when a long time friend don't come out of closet and don't say what really happened!! True on swabs thing, he got lucky there. Regardless, none of us would go anywhere with Mr. Vincent.

But, next time in Cancun will be with my future wife, ha! :xyxthumbs:

15. kaizen_usa

kaizen_usa Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Well, i'm assuming there are plenty of ladies available to hang out,why would you hang around with a 14 yo? in the first place? i have no sympathy for this asshole whatsoever, He damn lucky that he didn't go prison for long time. However he should be registered as a sex offender in the states if he was proven guilty in cancun..

16. lets_party

lets_party Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0

I concur. He should have let us know about his gross acts before going out, at least we should have prevented him from doing so.

Pass this article along to everyone you know in States. I want everyone to know about him. I passed it to all of my friends on Facebook.

17. Stacia_and_John

Stacia_and_John T&A Tour Guide Registered Member

Ratings:
    +551 / 1
    I think Steve has to be right.

Not saying he did anything illegal, or even inappropriate with the underage person, that's not it.

But, your typical cop isn't going to mess with someone just for no reason whatsoever, even for a shakedown.

18. kaizen_usa

kaizen_usa Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Well, Since you were in cancun fresh, I'm about to experience this city next month,, i'll stay at the hotel called malercon, i'm gonna be there for a week or so got some dental needs to be done a bridge and few fillings, However i'd like talk to you about your experience in there with girls, Where do you meet them etc.. so i woul'd appreciate if you give a hint or two ..:):cheerleaders:

19. lets_party

lets_party Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Sure bud!! Well we stayed at Grand Oasis. That hotel was MAXED out, I mean MAXED out with bunch of high school kids. First two days (BEFORE OUR PERV FRIEND GOT ARRESTED) we all were in high spirits and we approached girls left and right at the hotel. It was easy, some of them were friendly while others were stuck up bitches who wouldn't even talk. But, we got few room numbers and couple of laying partners in first few days. Be mindful though, it was at the hotel.

Now, each night we went to clubs. City is open only on Friday and Saturday. It is worth going. Daddy O and Sweet are next to each other. They are OK. Coco Bongo is always a trip. Mandala is fun (I will get to Mandala in a bit)

Each clubs are worth going to but their cover is expense, especially Coco Bongo. It was $65 to get in. It is high for me. City and Daddy O were $54. Now, Coco Bongo, City, Daddy O and Sweet, all of these clubs had same type of crowd (too many guys and too few girls). It was like for 10 guys there were 2 girls. It is possible to pick up girls at clubs, but it is extremely difficult. Girls has to be drunk and you have to have shirt which shows your skin, if you know what I mean.

I am good looking stud and I know how to dress up to impress lady. But, it was hard for me to get girls at clubs. They were either already with guys or they were in group where they won't mingle with you. When I go to clubs, I got one thing in mind, how to pick up a girl and bring her back to hotel. So, I didn't even try at any of those clubs.

Last couple of nights, we went to Mandala. Reason we went there because that was only place where you can smoke. It is also very laid back type compare to other clubs that I mentioned. Last but not least, it has more mature crowd compare to other clubs. So, I liked mandala. However, it was same problem there. More guys to girls. But, that's common everywhere. You gotta try with 10 girls to get attention of 1 girl, you know.

To sum it up, you will have better chance of getting girls at hotel then at club. Grand Oasis had too many young kids aged from 15 all the way to 22. And, I am 31. So I felt old sometimes. But, I still managed to get couple of lays from ladies. But, I had to approach like 10 ladies to get 2 ladies, ha!

But, go out and give it a shot. You might get lucky. Previously when I came to Cancun (during off season in Oct/Nov), all I had to do was ask ladies what time it is and they were all over me because ratio of guys was less compare to June/July/Aug. There is def more competition but it will pay off if you try hard. For me, it wasn't worth it to try that hard. I got few ladies back home, so chilled at those clubs and show other guys get rejected by ladies, ha!

20. lets_party

lets_party Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    One other thing, many guys inside club with ask you for drugs. Simply say NO. Also, when you take cab back home, cab driver will show you magazine of girls just like Vegas and he will take you there if you say yes. They charge like $350 per hour. Those girls are hot and if you are under influence of alcohol you might say yes. But, just warning you ahead of the time. Because, you will get those offers. Whatever you do just wear rubber. Don't use their rubber, bring your own rubber and put it in your pocket before you go out. Better be safe than sorry.

Last piece of advice, There are two types of single tourist girls in Cancun 1) Who wants to get laid 2) Who just wants to have fun and relax.

For the ones who wants to get laid, you can tell that they are ready. Because after talking with them for few minutes, they will make their move and you will know you are in business.

For the ones who just came there to relax, they probably have boyfriends back home and they just came to Cancun to chill and relax. Yes, they will talk with you but that's all they will do. Talk Talk and more Talk. I made that mistake and wasted my entire night with one girl at hotel. I talked with her from 4 in the afternoon then went to dinner with her and then hung with her at beach till 3 in morning. And the night ended with handshake and phone number. What a wasted night. If you get that feeling that girl is in for talk and wants to take her time, MOVE ON to next one. No one knows you and no ones give a shit. You will feel much better after a lay compare to wasted night at beautiful beach with a girl with only talk!! ha....enjoy my friend.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 9, 2012
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.