Xplor adventure park is certainly one of the most exciting options for thrill seekers. Situated 4 miles south of Playa del Carmen and just an hours drive from Cancun, Xplor offers a huge network of ziplines, 11 in total extending for over 2 miles! And plenty more is on offer to satiate the thirst of those who crave adventure and excitement. Several tour options are detailed below but for the true adventurer you can make your own way there and just buy park tickets in advance.
What to see and do at Xplor
In total there are over 6 miles of action packed adventure waiting for you. Soar at a height of more than 130 feet over the jungle canopy and enjoy several zip lines that provide a splash down landing in the cool underground water an amazing 26 feet below ground! In total there are 4 different activities and each one lasts around 45 minutes.
Xplor is like many other parks in the area such as Xel Ha and Xcaret in that once you pay your admission everything else is included and you can enjoy every activity as many times as you like in whatever order you want – and that includes the all inclusive buffet too!
Adventure enthusiasts with their own group will prefer the private tour, while singles and couples will enjoy joining a shared tour. We have both options on offer, please check out the itinerary and prices below.
The regular tour details are featured below but if you have a group then private tours are also available. Private tours work out around the same price for six adults in a party and cheaper than the regular tour if there are more than 6 in your group. For smaller groups the added freedom to choose your own itinerary and transport solely for your group may make a private tour an option worth considering.
With the regular Xplor tour pick up from your hotel is around 7:15am, you are taken to a central meeting point and then board buses to the park. The park closes at 5pm and you’ll be back at your Cancun hotel 60-90 minutes later. For private tours you can set your own pick up time, but we’d suggest 8am in order to maximise your time at the park
All Xplor tours include:
- Air-conditioned transport from Cancun.
- English speaking driver.
- Entrance fees & taxes for Xplor Park.
- Healthy Buffet lunch to boost you with energy, as many times you like. Unlimited drinks (coffee, hot chocolate, shakes & fresh juices only).
- Equipment in Xplor.
- Park hours are 9AM – 5PM
- Minimum age 5 years old.
- Child price applies to kids 5 to 11 years old. Children over 12 years pay the full price. Children under 5 are free
- The weight limit for all zip-lines at Xplor is 300 pounds and there is a minimum age requirement of 5 years. Children must be taller than 55″ and weight more than 88lbs in order to use the ziplines.
- ALL CHILDREN under 12 years old (including FREE KIDS under 5 years old), must present proof of age and this will be checked upon entrance. A copy of their passports is the best option.
- Helmets must be worn during adventure activities.
- Activities are not suitable for those who suffer from heart problems, diabetes, epilepsy, asthma, high blood pressure, claustrophobia, or ladies who are pregnant.
- Vehicle drivers must be 18 or over and hold a valid driver’s license.
How to get to Xplor by yourself
If you are driving then you need to head towards highway 307 which is the main North South road from Cancun right down to the border with Belize. If you’re starting from the Hotel Zone it’s best to join the highway at the airport junction, so head away from downtown. It is possible to join 307 at the downtown end but it’s more complicated since it involves traffic lights, roundabouts and heavy traffic with unpredictable drivers!
Head south on 307 and you’ll pass by Puerto Morelos and Playa Del Carmen. The park is located at the same turn off as Xcaret. Signposts are very clear and hard to miss.
Highway 307 is nicknamed the ‘highway of death’, as there are frequent accidents, so drive carefully. The standard of driving in Mexico is generally not good.
If you prefer to travel by bus then the downtown Cancun bus station provides frequent daily buses to Xcaret/Xplor, the bus ride takes approximately 2 hours and costs around $10 per person.
The bus driver wont drop you right by the entrance gate, he’ll stop on the main highway so there will be a short walk involved.