Haggling With Front Desk

Discussion in 'Temptation Cancun' started by hotfitcpl, Feb 5, 2019.

1. Jessica

Jessica Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +194 / 0
    "How far can the tip get you" :p

Yes... I am fucking hilarious.

2. Jen&Kyle

Jen&Kyle I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +5,075 / 22
    That is a great price by the way.... I guess dependent on those additional taxes

3. Cheers2US

Cheers2US Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +144 / 1
    @Jen&Kyle
    I was going to ask about this, actually. I use third party sites (hotelscombined, Trivago, etc) which found me a bargain trendy garden view room for $240USD/night

I booked and hopefully can negotiate an upgrade to the Bash tower once I get there. Any suggestions on how much I should ask?

4. Mark and Staci

Mark and Staci I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1,277 / 2
    It says there is a possibility of additional fees and taxes. Not that there will absolutely be. We've booked almost all of our TTR trips through third party online agents without any problems,or extra fees.

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  5. Jen&Kyle

Ratings:
    +5,075 / 22
    Yep so have we. We have never had to pay an extra fee but have also never been warned that there may be.

6. Cinnamonflixxx

Cinnamonflixxx Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +76 / 0
    Wait, I think I know the answer... It all depends how big the tip is.

7. Jen&Kyle

Ratings:
    +5,075 / 22
    So what they will likely do is say well our rate for a bash tower room is, this is for example purposes, $430 and we see you paid $240 for a garden view so the price will be $190 extra a night. I usually start by nicely saying that is way too much and that I should not be punished for getting a great deal for <insert room here> in your case garden view and will counter. I would likely start at $50 a night. It may work. It may not. Depends on availability too. I am sure someone on here will say they pay less and I think there may be situations where that is possible but we really prefer the tower so are less willing to risk them not wanting to negotiate. If they decline I usually then say well what can you do as we both know that first offer was at no discount. Sometimes I will throw in how much we love the place. How often we visit blah blah blah. We have upgraded almost every trip and all 3 to new TTR but all 3 new TTR trips we never started in a garden so different situation. At the old TTR we would always go with a garden and then upgrade to a jacuzzi room for $50 a night or Temptation suite for $75 a night.

Hope that helps

8. Flash2

Flash2 Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +382 / 0
    Can you shoot me your contact info for your agent? We thought we did good at $3400 for 6-nights (first week of April), round-trip/non-stop, Trendy Ocean View, transportation (plus one checked bag and insurance). Thanks!

9. FakeNewsTeam

FakeNewsTeam It's a matter of time, but time is all we have! Registered Member

Ratings:
    +2,078 / 13
    Prices are ever changing and need to be checked each day until you are comfortable pulling the trigger.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  10. Doohickle

Doohickle Newbie Registered Member

Ratings:
    +19 / 0
    we booked on redtag and for the two of us it was $3420 CAD for april 1-7, Nonstop from alberta TGV room. 2 weeks ago it was down to 3000 for a couple days then jumped to 3200 and now all thats available for similar dates are the Master Jacuzzi room at $6200...